Is our team really that bad?

PeteWilson

4-3-3 fo' life

1. I don't know how to paste it here.

2. Question marks where a new player can come in.

3. We play in all white because I ain't got time for sliders.

I'd have had Benteke up top obviously but the discussion was going on abotu pre Benteke being fit line ups and how bad they might be. 

1. Screenshot

2. I might do another with some options....

3. Ha.

We are a bad team. I don't enjoy watching and haven't been for a few seasons. Will not watch as much as I used to if we aren't taken over this summer.

I don't however buy that we certainly will be relegated. Leicester, Burnley and QPR haven't done anything to make them better than us. Yet!

IF we're lucky with injuries to key players (Vlaar, Okore, Delph, Benteke) we should be OK. If we're not it could be a very tough season indeed. Senderos is a dreadful signing, and Cole hasn't been a good player for several years. II'm sure we're not done yet in the transfer window, but given these appalling and unnacceptable restrictions we're being placed under it's hard to imagine we can sign much of real quality. 

Maybe there are some decent young players we can bring in on loan... maybe Grealish will have a role to play too. Who knows, there are a lot of ifs and buts, and it could all go horribly wring. We shouldn't be in this position.

• Like 1

My none biused front (From Left to Right) would be Gabby, Cole and N'Zogbia as a three providing the striker... Kozak to begin with and Benteke replacing him when he's back.

Also a new LB should we get rid of Bent.

And maybe try Clark/Okore/Herd for a bit of steel partnering Delph in CDM instead of relying on El Ahmadi/Westwood.

There was a time four or five of our players would get into a team in the top 6,  and maybe one or two in a team in the top four.  How many of our players now would get into a team in the top ten?  Maybe three.  In the top four iI can think of Benteke at his best but who knows if that will be the case when he returns

screenshot2.png

Dear god that side would get destroyed.

Ha! Maybe :)

I'd love to see it though, I reckon with the ball we'd be great going forward (especially if you put Benteke in for Kozak when he gets fit. Give Cole and Grealish free roles to swap about inbetween the midfield and the defense of the opposition.

Without the ball I think it'd be "interesting".

There was a time four or five of our players would get into a team in the top 6,  and maybe one or two in a team in the top four.  How many of our players now would get into a team in the top ten?  Maybe three.  In the top four iI can think of Benteke at his best but who knows if that will be the case when he returns

What is the reason for this sudden change in form?  Were the players not good enough in the first place?  Was PL getting a lot out of them?  Or are they really that good but are suffering because of poor morale, management and coaching?

Personally I think we have a mid table side with a top 4 striker at this best.  However if that striker is not playing then we lose all our attacking play and become one of the worst sides in the league. 

I would go for

Guzan

Lowton

Vlaar

Okore

New LB

New DM

Westwood

Delph

Cole

Benteke

Gabby

Anything but this 3-5-2/5-3-2 stuff next season for god sake, it has never once been convincing despite some smash and grab victories with it and we just don't have the players for it. It's a basic squad and i think we just need to go to a simple system that suits our players, what that is i don't know i don't have the knowledge nor pay package to have to worry about that i just hate the line up coming out and seeing us in that formation because you know our aim is to just try and defend which we do so poorly anyway so it doesn't make any sense at all.'

Omar I think the squad is not good and basically its one more reason why I support Lambert as i think he has worked miracles really to keep us up in the last two seasons .  Look at the oplayers we have bought and for the prices.  Buy cheap buy twice.

I agree with your formation and line up by the way

Omar I think the squad is not good and basically its one more reason why I support Lambert as i think he has worked miracles really to keep us up in the last two seasons .  Look at the oplayers we have bought and for the prices.  Buy cheap buy twice.

I agree with your formation and line up by the way

Well then I agree with you.

Our team really is that bad and by the way things are going it will be even worse than most our rivals by the end of August. Others teams will look to improve the quality of their squads. Not just add numbers like we have so far.

home.png
Guzan

home.png
New RB/Lowton
home.png
Okore
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
New Left Back

home.png
New CM
home.png
Westwood

home.png
Weimann/Nzogbia
home.png
Delph
home.png
Gabby

home.png
Kozak/Benteke

That's what I hope to see FWIW.

Hmm. A 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 formation? Not sure that's going to catch on. ;)

Ideally, I want Gabby far away from the first team. He's an impact player at best. 5 great games a season is not enough to justify his current undropable status.

its about time someone noticed it.

We aren't nearly as bad as some imply, averaged around 13th last season, which is good considering how lacklustre some of the performances were and how the squad was decimated with injuries. If key players come back from injury and find their form we can easily finish between 11th and 15th, which of itself is not ideal, but until fresh ownership and investment is brought in, little will fundamentally change.

Culverhouse/Karsa gone and Roy Keane brought in, perhaps we'll see a different attitude in players now. Given our ability against the top 4 and getting results from losing positions last season, we need to avoid falling apart against the teams around us. Consistency is key and a less injury-hit squad might hopefully go some way to solve it.

• Like 4

Ideally, I want Gabby far away from the first team. He's an impact player at best. 5 great games a season is not enough to justify his current undropable status.

What's the alternative? 5 great games = 6-15 points. Difference between saying up or going down.

What's the alternative? 5 great games = 6-15 points. Difference between saying up or going down.

Get someone in for a third of his wages that could do that.

Players who can do it once every other month are 10 a penny.

Edited by rodders0223

Â