Is our team really that bad?

PeteWilson

If we had Okore, Kozak and Benteke for 90% of the games this season we'd have been in 10-12th position. Also if we hadn't had the incidents with Culverhouse either. 

People forget where we all were after we beat Chelsea. Positivity everywhere.

I think you will find only the usual straw clutchers were that way inclined!

We all thought 10th was possible this season. How wrong we were.

Haha! Yeah, we were nowhere near 10th at any point this season were we....?

Oh... right.

We started 2nd and won our first game so I guess we can say winning the title was a possibility.

Our form over the 2nd half of the season shows it was never going to happen.

That part where we had all of our most expensive players injured?

Agreed, it was very unlikely to happen.

Oh... right.

We started 2nd and won our first game so I guess we can say winning the title was a possibility.

Our form over the 2nd half of the season shows it was never going to happen.

That part where we had all of our most expensive players injured?

Agreed, it was very unlikely to happen.

Yes how could we expect more than what we got over the last 19 games. Totally unrealistic wasn't it?

If we had Okore, Kozak and Benteke for 90% of the games this season we'd have been in 10-12th position. Also if we hadn't had the incidents with Culverhouse either. 

So, basically what you mean is that if we hadn't had any serious injuries all season long, while all other teams had their long-term injuries as they did, we'd still be bottom half of the table. 

How is this a positive?

P.S.: I'm sure somewhere Arsenal fans claim they'd be champions if not for injuries. Balls.

So, basically what you mean is that if we hadn't had any serious injuries all season long, while all other teams had their long-term injuries as they did, we'd still be bottom half of the table. 

How is this a positive?

P.S.: I'm sure somewhere Arsenal fans claim they'd be champions if not for injuries. Balls.

No I'm not saying that at all. You clearly are though. 

I'm saying losing both out Centre forwards including our star player for over half the season was really quite damaging to us, especially in the final 8 games when there was off the field problems too. 

Think Liverpool without Suarez & Sturridge etc.. 

Oh... right.

The season is 38 games long. 

Just as well it was only that really, otherwise we would have gone down.

And being 10th at one point means nothing, look where we were after the first match, where you finish is the only statistic that means anything.

Back to excusing it all with injuries? I think some are forgetting just how bad the second half of the season was.

the only one that seems to be using the injury excuse is you. People have admitted we were shit at times but they also said we lost some of our best players to injuries which by sound of it, you don't think that's true

Back to excusing it all with injuries? I think some are forgetting just how bad the second half of the season was.

Yes it went bad after we lost Benteke and had no Kozak. It remains we were never in the relegation zone (I'm nearly sure) at any point last season. People are letting the last 8 games define our season. 

We won't be relegated next season if we can add a couple of experienced players and keep Okore, Beneteke & Kozak fit for most of the season. 

For me, injuries were large factor in our inconsistent season. 

• Like 1

People are letting the last 8 games define our season.

I think you're letting the last 8 games cloud your judgement. That was not our only poor part. We also had some awful performances with kozak in the squad before his injury.

Back to excusing it all with injuries?

John I don't think you get that people can give contributing factors towards things without them being the full on excuse. Example:

Our 3 most expensive signings missed great swathes of the season. Excuse for the dirt served up for big parts of last year? No. Major contributing factor? Yes.

• Like 1

FFS. We're not still rerunning the post mortem on last season, are we? The persistence of some in trying to rewrite the season in a more positive light, surrounded by a swarm of "ifs", is very impressive. If only our team had shown the same resilience.

FFS. We're not still rerunning the post mortem on last season, are we? The persistence of some in trying to rewrite the season in a more positive light, surrounded by a swarm of "ifs", is very impressive. If only our team had shown the same resilience.

Nobody's trying to "rewrite" anything, except perhaps those who seem to insist that we were terrible all season.

We we were very good first 2 games. We were ok for a few games after that which coincided with us picking up some crucial points. We were then terrible for the rest of the season apart from a short spell around new year where we looked very good again.

It's like an abused partner in a relationship. Constantly trying to convince yourself it's not that bad and things will get better.

Last season was utter garbage and while there are reasons that played their part the main reason is the manager didn't do a very good job.

Â