Is our team really that bad?

PeteWilson

I'm one of those that think that there is an attitude at B6.....For me there is like hidden agenda a bad smell about the place, something just ain't right on the football side.

Thats why I want Lambert out.

we have had problems like this in the past but managers like Graham Taylor Mk 1 and i won't say it in fear of repeating myself and defaulting to the obvious...Sir Ron

despite them having to buy budget players I saw improvement in their development as the weeks rolled by.....I don't see that to the same degree anymore.

I think we have undoubtedly got quality issues in key area's of the squad, we have also been hit by long term injuries to our key players.

However, I also feel there is something in the football management side I don't like....its all to inevitable, we will try again next week, next week comes just like last week and so on.

This manager always refers to " we go again" and there is a certain part of that, that is practically apt, you could say "what more can he say".....but its the dismissive nature that the comment is delivered that concerns me.

I really don't know what you're getting at here. It's not like things weren't just as bad before Lambert came along. The club needs a fresh change of ownership more than anything else.

• Like 1

I'm one of those that think that there is an attitude at B6.....For me there is like hidden agenda a bad smell about the place, something just ain't right on the football side.

Thats why I want Lambert out.

we have had problems like this in the past but managers like Graham Taylor Mk 1 and i won't say it in fear of repeating myself and defaulting to the obvious...Sir Ron

despite them having to buy budget players I saw improvement in their development as the weeks rolled by.....I don't see that to the same degree anymore.

I think we have undoubtedly got quality issues in key area's of the squad, we have also been hit by long term injuries to our key players.

However, I also feel there is something in the football management side I don't like....its all to inevitable, we will try again next week, next week comes just like last week and so on.

This manager always refers to " we go again" and there is a certain part of that, that is practically apt, you could say "what more can he say".....but its the dismissive nature that the comment is delivered that concerns me.

I really don't know what you're getting at here. It's not like things weren't just as bad before Lambert came along. The club needs a fresh change of ownership more than anything else.

I would accept that the effect of the ownership issue could have  affected the manager in much the same way that his attitude has affected some of us.

Edited by TRO

What's wrong with his attitude? It's some of the performances and tactics which haven't been good enough.

whats the word I'm looking for...Personna, Presence, Demeanor,..... demeanor thats it.

perhaps i used the wrong word attitude, sorry.

What's wrong with his attitude? It's some of the performances and tactics which haven't been good enough.

whats the word I'm looking for...Personna, Presence, Demeanor,..... demeanor thats it.

So what's wrong with his demeanor then?

So what's wrong with his demeanor then?

woolly

IMO of course

Edited by TRO

The reality is Benteke won't be back until xmas and let's be honest it's not like he'll be scoring hattricks as soon as he comes back, he'll need a month or two to get back up to pace, see his form in November and December as a guide when he was nowhere near 100%.

We also don't have a creative attacking midfielder in the squad. Ridiculous.

And look how we finished the last 10 games of the season, toothless upfront and conceding 3/4 goals regularly, that's not going to win many games is it?

Form doesn't last forever. Not saying we'll be great this season but people seem to be assuming that the horrendous form of late March onwards is going to continue for the entirety of next season.

• Like 1

The reality is Benteke won't be back until xmas and let's be honest it's not like he'll be scoring hattricks as soon as he comes back, he'll need a month or two to get back up to pace, see his form in November and December as a guide when he was nowhere near 100%.

We also don't have a creative attacking midfielder in the squad. Ridiculous.

And look how we finished the last 10 games of the season, toothless upfront and conceding 3/4 goals regularly, that's not going to win many games is it?

Is he out for that long? We really are in trouble aren't we?

Form doesn't last forever. Not saying we'll be great this season but people seem to be assuming that the horrendous form of late March onwards is going to continue for the entirety of next season.

It doesn't but there is normally something that affects the change in form. Usually the return of certain players or new additions. Okore, Kozak and a few new signings could help.

We won 5 league games from December 4th so I'd say our form was poor from before late March. At least we managed to get enough points against the teams around us e.g wins v WBA, Hull, Norwich and Sunderland.

The only consolation to me is in the last few seasons we've been setting bad club records on a yearly basis and yet still haven't been relegated, you have to be really really poor to go down these days.

I just worry with the current uncertainty and a poor start, there will be revolt from the stands and the season will turn ugly very quickly indeed which will impact on the morale of the players.

It doesn't but there is normally something that affects the change in form. Usually the return of certain players or new additions. Okore, Kozak and a few new signings could help.

Not having Benteke until possibly as late as Christmas, and also Kozak being so-so to start, is probably a big reason why people are pessimistic. Who's going to score our goals again? Bacuna?

We need far more creativity in the final third e.g. not just playing strikers out wide so at least then we will be creating chances (rather than Benteke creating goals for himself for example) so there will be no excuses for the strikers then. If they still keep missing them they're not good enough.

I do think two if we can somehow sign two decent attacking midfielders then one of Kozak/Weimann/Gabby will have a strong goalscoring start to the season and that can keep us ticking over points wise for the first few months.

We won 5 league games from December 4th so I'd say our form was poor from before late March. At least we managed to get enough points against the teams around us e.g wins v WBA, Hull, Norwich and Sunderland.

The only consolation to me is in the last few seasons we've been setting bad club records on a yearly basis and yet still haven't been relegated, you have to be really really poor to go down these days.

I just worry with the current uncertainty and a poor start, there will be revolt from the stands and the season will turn ugly very quickly indeed which will impact on the morale of the players.

Most of that was due to our annual Christmas slump. Our record was ok from January to early March.

Â