EA Sports UFC

vandaq

I know there are several people here that might be interested in this, well they released a proper gameplay video(well almost, one round) but that is better than just random cut scenes from the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2xLW0NZCLw

All in all, it looks pretty neat graphically but it`s about what you would expect on today's standards. But it looks a bit rough, fighting is going to fast and does look a little bit similar to the earlier ones. Hoping there is gameplay sliders here as that would make a big difference. Same thing with power and possibly damage models but who knows how deep that really is. Personally when it comes to this stuff I want it as accurate as you can get it because a lot of the fun comes from emulating that.

However, playing online would probably render those sliders useless.

Not bad, but not great either. Would definently wait and see. EA does not release games that has no annoying bugs or some weird stuff implemented.

Edited by limpid

Wow, about time they released some gameplay and it looks fantastic. Okay, the animations look a little fast, but it is a videogame after all. I also think the guys who must have been playing it, aren't playing it with their heads, button bashing really. I'd assume their stamina would be pretty low during the 2nd round if they kept throwing as many strikes as they did.

Can't wait though, managed to get it for about £36 one day pre-ordered on Amazon.

Well I'd sure like to see that fight in real life, or at the least Aldo at Lightweight. I've just had a look at the roster, doesnt look too bad, Cung Le in there which is nice. Was hoping to see some more 'legends' in there...but Bruce Lee as a DLC? O_o

• 3 weeks later...

How you finding the demo fellas? I just had a great fight playing as Gus, 2nd round TKO win but it was brutal. Both drenched in blood and I finished it with some painful elbows on the floor, thought I'd killed Jones.

Animations and graphics are great, just gotta get used to the new fight system.

Submission system is a bit weird but I'm sure it'll be fine when you get to grips with it. One big annoyance is the way the CPU just tries to stand up and brawl, rather than fighting with intelligence. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I had the demo and was dissapointed with the tutorial. 

There's so much to remember.

But that's brilliant because games are too dummed down at the moment.

I'd just try and learn it slowly.. 1 match striking and blocking, 1 match grapple, 1 match striking a grappling, 1 match submission and so on.

It'll come, it's good when games don't spoon feed you, more rewarding.

Yea I had the demo and was dissapointed with the tutorial. 

There's so much to remember.

But that's brilliant because games are too dummed down at the moment.

I'd just try and learn it slowly.. 1 match striking and blocking, 1 match grapple, 1 match striking a grappling, 1 match submission and so on.

It'll come, it's good when games don't spoon feed you, more rewarding.

Definitely agree, it also means that it is 'easier' to try and master one fighting style, which should hopefully mean a lot of replay value. Still waiting for this damn Amazon man to turn up!

The fight system is so complex, although I suppose it has to be. Need some serious practice!

My brother has it and he loves it but he was saying the same thing :) He takes it very seriously (He's only 13) and is putting in some serious practice hoping I get the game too so he can beat me up :D

The fight system is so complex, although I suppose it has to be. Need some serious practice!

My brother has it and he loves it but he was saying the same thing :) He takes it very seriously (He's only 13) and is putting in some serious practice hoping I get the game too so he can beat me up :D

It is more rewarding though, I'm on a 8 fight streak in career mode right now after getting used to the ground and pound system :D

Â