BBC vs ITV World Cup Themes - USA '94

villaajax

Who had the better theme?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who had the better theme?

• BBC
    • ITV

I thought I would forgo Italy '90 because let's face it, who is going to vote for ITV over BBC's usage of Nessun Dorma?

This time around we have

BBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqnMqs7zesQ

ITV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS8ZIavd23E

BBC for me on this one.

I suppose the BBC one is better, by virtue of the fact the ITV one is a monstrosity. Not that I can remember either, mind, but I do recall the BBC `98 one very fondly

I suppose the BBC one is better, by virtue of the fact the ITV one is a monstrosity. Not that I can remember either, mind, but I do recall the BBC `98 one very fondly

'98 - Coming soon

Gloryland is the one I associated with the 94 World Cup in my mind even though I probably haven't heard it since 1994.   I guess the instrumental of America the BBC chose is just such a famous song they couldn't really tie it to the world cup. 

The USA WC really passed me by as I couldn't get my head around staging the World's greatest footie tournament in a non-footie country.

As you will deduce, I am really looking forward to Russia and Qatar...

• Like 1

That world cup passed a lot of residents of England by, for the simple fact that England were not there. It was actually a great tournament, probably a higher standard of football then 1990, but no one ever raves about it in England for the aforementioned reasons. 

Did you watch South Africa 2010?

Edited by Voinjama

That world cup passed a lot of residents of England by, for the simple fact that England were not there. It was actually a great tournament, probably a higher standard of football then 1990, but no one ever raves about it in England for the aforementioned reasons. 

Did you watch South Africa 2010?

A bit, but not much.

But then I doubt whether I'll watch much of this one, despite the location.

World Cup tournaments used to have the fascination of the unknown. Now you just end up watching Chelsea/Arsenal/Manure/Liverpool tossers that you despise on a weekly basis anyway.

• Like 2

All I can think watching those videos is how bloody bad was the picture quality back in the day...

I know they're not great rips, but jesus christ  oldschool analogue SD was garbage wasn't it

Â