My friend just started UT and refuses to give EA money so he is doing it all by playing and trading. His team was awful because that was his starting team and first match he played an 85 rated 100 chem Bundesliga team. He got smashed considering he was using a 46 chem 68 rated squad. Next match he played a Ronaldo Robben hybrid squad. Then he played two teams with 3 legends when he finally quit. I on the other hand was using my 100 chem 84 rated Liga BBVA squad and played 2 squads in a row with not perfect chemistry then a 73 rated silver squad. 

Match making is non-existent. 

Right, I've been playing a bit more UT today with my 3star team and I keep getting matched up against 5star teams. Last week I was playing 3 star teams so that's a bit strange.

People are literally giving the ball to Remy and holding run, and my 3 star defenders can't do anything about it. Where's the matchmaking? 

I have absolutely no interest in FUT but i'm quite enjoying the career mode on this. The scouting system is much better than what they had in FIFA 13, which is the last one I played.

None of the league 2 sides tickled my fancy so I used the creation centre to make my own club (as I still only have a PS3 and can do so) and i've worked my way up to the championship over a few seasons. I sim about half the games.

Me too, all i played on 13/14 was fut but i'm not interested this year for whatever reason. Probably because the mode is just about who spends the most money now and even if you start from scratch you get matched up to world star teams due to matchmaking. Quite enjoying career apart from the rage inducing AI at times.

I've just gotten into the Premier League with my club and i'm finding the classic AI issue that FIFA has, which is that instead of making a good team really brilliant tactically, your players just forget how to play football against them.

After 4 seasons with a fairly similar setup team going up through the leagues, I know where my players should be, but if i'm playing Chelsea or Liverpool, suddenly none of my players want to make a run, i'll dribble up the wing and cut through only to find that my strikers are still jogging up from the halfway line with nobody on them. Same in defence, you'll be marking a winger as he brings the ball up, and he'll try to cut around you but you'll contain him for 4 or 5 seconds before he passes out, and suddenly they've got 4 blokes unmarked in your box.

Frustrating.

Or you'll hammer a team for 85 minutes without them remotely looking like scoring.

You'll finally make the break through with your 23rd shot and score with 3 minutes to go.

Then they'll make 100 passes, dribble the ball past 4 of your defenders and smack it into the top corner to equalise with their first shot of the game.

• Like 1

Or you'll hammer a team for 85 minutes without them remotely looking like scoring.

You'll finally make the break through with your 23rd shot and score with 3 minutes to go.

Then they'll make 100 passes, dribble the ball past 4 of your defenders and smack it into the top corner to equalise with their first shot of the game.

This but it's usually a lofted throughball over the top leaving them wide open despite me having switched to 5 at the back with 3 defensive mids to protect my lead.

Maybe I need to put a sweeper in that formation :unsure:

I had a game last night against Liverpool that was 3-3 at half time with 4 of those goals being score directly from kickoffs in the 45th minute. I won 4-3.

Started playing this manual last night online in 2v2. It's soooooo much better. Even playing against assisted players. Said it a million times but I wish they would make it default to play on manual. You don't believe how much the AI helps you out until you start playing manual, but it makes for such a better game. No one can do ping pong exploits, it's just way more fun. 

Definitely recommend it! 

I tried manual once on a previous version of FIFA and it was the hardest thing on the planet ever

You do get used to it though after a few games. It's not that hard once you play it for a couple of hours. Bit painful to begin with though! 

That's where you use the right stick to pass, right?

Nope! All the controls are the exact same, but you just get no directional or weight assistance in anything you do.

Ie, when playing a through ball, you have to direct it precisely where you want it to go, and put the exact weight on the pass, otherwise it will end up somewhere ridiculous, which can be hilarious!

Edited by PieFacE

Ah ok.

That's not what I played. I played it on manual passing (I think that's what it was called) and you had to use the right stick to direct your pass and also hold it down to dictate the power.

Hard as nails.

Been playing career mode and Grealish is amazing. I subbed him in occasionally so his rating would rise but he started getting better and better so quickly and now he is a definite starter come February 2015. 

I gave up on UT, played about 10 games but got fed up of having to buy player contracts after every game.

Seasons is much better. I like how you can save your team now so you don't have to pick it before every game in a rush to beat the clock. (I haven't played since FIFA12)

Started playing this manual last night online in 2v2. It's soooooo much better. Even playing against assisted players. Said it a million times but I wish they would make it default to play on manual. You don't believe how much the AI helps you out until you start playing manual, but it makes for such a better game. No one can do ping pong exploits, it's just way more fun. 

Definitely recommend it! 

I thought I would try this against the computer as I never have used it before. My god it is impossible how on earth can you play like this? My shots went into space, maybe I just suck at aiming with the joystick. Even passing two yards is hard.

I would like to be good at this though I could see how much an advantage you have over someone who uses assisted.

Â