Career Mode is so nearly there it's infuriating.  They need to:

•Fix the "First Team Quality" glitch in the global scouting.  It's game-breaking and counter to point of even having a scouting system, for feck's sake.

•5*/5* global scouts should always return the overall value of individual players you've sent them to scout in their final reports, otherwise there's no point shelling out for them over the cheaper 3*/3* global scouts.

•Have more than six global scouting slots (9 would be fine).

•Always have the option of hiring whatever star-value global/youth scout you desire instead of a random list of 5.  It is utterly infuriating to have money sat in your bank for scouts but having to check the market every Monday just to see if the rating or nationality you are after has become available.

•Stop the board being able to sell players against your will.  This never happens, if it did managers would be quitting left, right and center (especially as the players seem to always get sold for less than their market value).  Have your refusal to sell adversely affect board approval ratings, by all means, but the board should never ever be able to sell your team out from under you.

•Club takeovers need to less frequent.  After 15 seasons in the SPL I had every Scottish team bought out, with ~£100m each to spend every season.

•Fix the 'goalkeeper-trousers-on-regenerated-outfield-youth-players' glitch.  You can fix it yourself if it's one of your own regens, but you can't if it's a regen at another team and it is utterly ridiculous (although funny as hell the first time you encounter it).

I could probably write an essay on this (including some neat ideas for improvements) but I can't be arsed to type it (and I damn sure couldn't be arsed to even read it back, myself).

Also allow youth team players to develop quicker or start off at higher ratings.

it shouldnt be beyond the realm of possibilities for a youth team player to be extremely fast from the beginning.

Career Mode is so nearly there it's infuriating.  They need to:

•Fix the "First Team Quality" glitch in the global scouting.  It's game-breaking and counter to point of even having a scouting system, for feck's sake.

•5*/5* global scouts should always return the overall value of individual players you've sent them to scout in their final reports, otherwise there's no point shelling out for them over the cheaper 3*/3* global scouts.

•Have more than six global scouting slots (9 would be fine).

•Always have the option of hiring whatever star-value global/youth scout you desire instead of a random list of 5.  It is utterly infuriating to have money sat in your bank for scouts but having to check the market every Monday just to see if the rating or nationality you are after has become available.

•Stop the board being able to sell players against your will.  This never happens, if it did managers would be quitting left, right and center (especially as the players seem to always get sold for less than their market value).  Have your refusal to sell adversely affect board approval ratings, by all means, but the board should never ever be able to sell your team out from under you.

•Club takeovers need to less frequent.  After 15 seasons in the SPL I had every Scottish team bought out, with ~£100m each to spend every season.

•Fix the 'goalkeeper-trousers-on-regenerated-outfield-youth-players' glitch.  You can fix it yourself if it's one of your own regens, but you can't if it's a regen at another team and it is utterly ridiculous (although funny as hell the first time you encounter it).

I could probably write an essay on this (including some neat ideas for improvements) but I can't be arsed to type it (and I damn sure couldn't be arsed to even read it back, myself).

Also allow youth team players to develop quicker or start off at higher ratings.

it shouldnt be beyond the realm of possibilities for a youth team player to be extremely fast from the beginning.

I had gardner rise from a 72 to an 80 in one season and he wasn't even a consistent starter.

Because he's been regen'd from a goalkeeper model that did wear them, but like I say that's fixable; go into "Edit Player" under the Squad section of your Career Mode (provided you've unlocked it), select the player in question and although you won't see an option to turn the trousers off (because he isn't a goalkeeper) ,if you just hit "randomise" it'll get rid of them.

And heffoman I have to say growth is one thing I don't really want them to change, I think they've finally got it as good as it's gonna get.  I'm about 7 seasons into a career in charge of Villa and I'm using a midfielder promoted from my youth team who was rated over 70 when he went in, had developed enough to make the first team the season after and is now 22 and rated 87.  The trick is to keep your prospects in the youth team for as long as possible (until they agitate for a move), they'll grow more.

Which reminds me, they need to fix youth team players leaving out of nowhere, I've had so many prospects suddenly quit without first receiving the warning email that they want to be promoted.  Utterly stupid, I've lost some bloody good players thanks to that.

Another thing I would change is instead of just listing someone for loan and hoping an appropriate team comes in for them, you should have the option of approaching a specific team to offer a player on loan to (one where you can guarantee your prospect will get games) with the offset that you pay more/all of the wages.  So frustrating to have players stuck in the reserves who've been loan listed for seasons without anyone coming in either because their wages are too high for the smaller teams to take on loan, or the only teams that offer to take them are too good and won't give them game time anyway.

Edited by GarethRDR

• 3 weeks later...

I just don't see them bringing back 5 a-side. Would be interesting tho for online play.

I just want 2v2 when you have someone on the same box (ie, guest mode)

Maybe 3v3 seasons too would be fine.

Just really hope they keep the 2v2 seasons mode as it's the only thing I like about FIFA14. Think the game other than that is pretty shite.

I'd like them to change the be a pro career mod eback to how it was in like Fifa 10 and 11.

It worked then.

The shift from earning points to add to your stats, to having to perform random events to get your stats up made it really shit. Meant you couldn't actually play the game, you just had to spend all the games trying to beat 5 players in a row or ping 40 yard balls just to get the points for your player.

It's the only career mode I used to play, they ruined it.

But we all know all they really care about is Ultimate Team.

Really disappointed from EA for fifa 15 today. Seems like almost nothing will be different. They were highlighting such minor things like player's jerseys can get dirty, corner flags now move, and team celebrations. Nothing really for the game play. It's like they don't even care anymore.

From what I remember, they talked about and what I saw

Pitch damage from shoes and what not

Dirty kits(PES lied about this last year, yes I know that is not fifa but it happens)

Players will interact with each others and give information.

Crowd bla bla the feels of football. They actually said last year that this will be a big thing this gen.

Better physics on ball and players(?)

No real gameplay as far as I know so hard to say if there is gonna be a big graphical jump. Fifa, while nice still looks kinda outdated in many ways on ps4/x1

• Like 1

I think after last years Fifa, i'm going to wait before picking this one up and see other peoples opinions. 

Sick of being punished on Fifa games for wanting to play nice football and not just abuse game mechanics.

After watching that trailer again, the graphics are basically the exact same as this year and the jargon about communication or intelligence etc. is ridiculous. Is that really their main selling point now?

Is PES still coming to XOne and PS4 this year?

Bet you'll still all get it anyway.

I sincerely hope you don't, though. EA need to know that changes are required, and until sales are hurt enough, they won't.

Even if I don't get fifa or a few more people don't get people, nothing will change. I am not too excited for the next fifa to be honest but I still will end up getting up. Maybe not on release day or maybe not even a week after, but I eventually will get it.

EA are a garbage company, but PES' games are worse.

Â