Manual is definitely more fun than the assisted controls they have as default. It also suits the way I play too as I like to pass the ball around and it might stop people hoofing against me to get cheap goals.

Does anyone on here play seasons against manual only players? Is there a lot of others that play it too?

I remember I played someone who was using manual controls but I wasn't and I was beating him comfortably by the 40th minute. He got on his mic and starting cursing at me and saying I was a garbage player because I was not using manual controls like he was. He was rambling on for quite a while how he is one of the better fifa players because he can actually play the game on manual settings while players like myself need computer help to win matches. He rage quit.

That really pissed me off. I never agreed to play on manual and I frankly didn't want to so why was I being yelled at? I honestly did not show boat or anything like that. I always do a celebration after my goals but I don't run around shushing or doing the cocky celebrations.

Manual is definitely more fun than the assisted controls they have as default. It also suits the way I play too as I like to pass the ball around and it might stop people hoofing against me to get cheap goals.

Does anyone on here play seasons against manual only players? Is there a lot of others that play it too?

Yes i have a few times, its brilliant when you get a good game, you just applaud defence splitting passes by your opponent rather than being enraged by them like you would with the constant hoofs in fut. Manual can be extremely frustrating though i'd always point that out.

Manual is well fun. It's 100x better than assisted. Feels so good when you score amazing goals with manual controls. Won the Division 1 title a fair few times now playing manual against assisted players in FIFA14. They should make it manual by default and everyone should learn to play it. Assisted in unranked games, manual in ranked. It's not that difficult, you just need to give it time to work out what works and what doesn't. 

• 2 weeks later...

Judging from the comments from those who have played this game, it's not looking good. 

Sounds like it's very very similar to 14, which was the worst and least fun FIFA game in years IMO.

Edited by PieFacE

02 was my favorite. I liked 00 a lot as well. 98 had those indoor courts which was awesome but I remember so little of it. The most recent one I had really fun with was 09, even though there was nothing special about it.

^^^ what the ****!!!

I'm sorry, but Fifa 06 was horrendous!

Well it came out in 2005, so I was 9 so I didn't care tbf i justt had a blast with it. Really enjoyed manager mode, especially getting Naismith in the 90s.

I like 11 a lot but that was more the players and ratings it had more than anything, my first year on UT aswell and i remember the stupidly high rated Ronaldinho, Kaka, Pato etc and the fact you could get almost anyone for 50k.

PES was definitely better in the PS2 era.

Yep, comfortably and consistently so, even up until about 2008-09 it was a comfortably better game.

FIFA really upped the ante and overtook PES but are now resting on their laurels because they've created the UT juggernaut and PES have fallen into their own arses, and the consumer is the one who suffers.

^^^ what the ****!!!

I'm sorry, but Fifa 06 was horrendous!

Well it came out in 2005, so I was 9 so I didn't care tbf i justt had a blast with it. Really enjoyed manager mode, especially getting Naismith in the 90s.

Yeah pretty much this.

Still a horrendous game though. So arcadey. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â