Will they release a demo before release like they have before?,

might try that before buying like I used to. Haven't really played Fifa since January this year so I'd rather not waste my money if I'm not gonna play it at all

I'm not sure what people are expecting to be different? It looks good to me. New ball physics, better emotions, more animations, better AI, better tackling, more realistic crosses and through balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=onvcN0FXk2c

Graphics don't look that good to me, atleast compared to NBA 2K14 which I've been playing loads lately.

Also curious as to why they just showed small replays instead of just letting a game happen and talking over it like most E3 interviews.

As for the emotion thing it's interesting but Career mode in Fifa is so damn boring compared to MLB or 2k so i never bother with it.

Edited by Bradd92

Last Fifa I bought was 11. Not much of a gamer anyway but the tiny changes aren't worth £50 a year, especially since they devalue quicker than any other game as regards trade in etc.

Not buying another FIFA until Villa Park is included. Ok, we're biased but come on - used in Euros, for finals, for semi-finals, ever present in Prem, considered a great ground by neutrals. Only thing thatll make me 'upgrade'.

I'm not sure what people are expecting to be different? It looks good to me. New ball physics, better emotions, more animations, better AI, better tackling, more realistic crosses and through balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=onvcN0FXk2c

Things like shaking crossbars aren't groundbreaking ideas that should be used to sell the game, they should be the sort of stuff I see and think 'oh, that's a cool little feature' when I'm playing.

I just want improved gameplay. I actually thought the gameplay in FIFA13 was a lot better than FIFA14. 13 was just more fun to play IMO. 

The defending in 14 is horrible. 

Edited by PieFacE

The best thing that could happen for FIFA would be Pro Evo getting their **** act together again and actually challenging FIFA in terms of gameplay.

Make them step their game up

Graphics don't look that good to me, atleast compared to NBA 2K14 which I've been playing loads lately.

Also curious as to why they just showed small replays instead of just letting a game happen and talking over it like most E3 interviews.

As for the emotion thing it's interesting but Career mode in Fifa is so damn boring compared to MLB or 2k so i never bother with it.

They did this last year as well. It's a good way to show it because they can cherry pick certain situation that play out without any of the models glitching it out or having some awkward animation transitions. It's also a nice way to highlight small improvements. Honestly, it really boils down to the fact that they are moving forward at a snails pace. They make one each year and they have to go through rigorous testing of the game every time, while some work on certain techniques they can implement. See, the thing is that their model is really showing it's colors when they do this because with today's gamers, there is not really anything stopping them from just patching the game up and releasing it with 2-4 years intervals. But it's not gonna happen, even though this would have benefited the consumer greatly, but that is not the thing EA is about. Who can blame them though, they keep getting good reviews and great sales

The best thing that could happen for FIFA would be Pro Evo getting their **** act together again and actually challenging FIFA in terms of gameplay.

They've moved/hired studio(s) in England now, with English staff. They are focusing their aim on the European market now, I think the new PES is going to be good to be honest. Oh and it is coming out this year!

Cant really see EA ever having competition for Fifa now, its just so well established now even if the game and how they run it is an absolute mess. It still absolutely amazes me how many copies Fifa sells yet how amateur the whole thing is throughout the year. You just shouldn't be able to get away with it. 

They've moved/hired studio(s) in England now, with English staff. They are focusing their aim on the European market now, I think the new PES is going to be good to be honest. Oh and it is coming out this year!

They have potential and their engine seems great though some things works much better than others. But they really need to step their game up, the menu last year really sums it up. Catch up is hard enough without the licenses which fifa has. Which honestly should be illegal. But they did the same thing with madden. PES were supposed to have La Liga stadium last year but all of a sudden they were pulled back. Community manager alluded to fifa coming in and ruining it.

It's pretty amazing how if you just play route 1 football, you win matches. I just now found this out. I have been using Sturridge and Mandzukic up top in my World Cup team, and I have won 11 in a row now. It's just so simple. Cross it in and it's pretty much a goal 50% of the time. Or when my opponent tries to cover the sides, I just over the top  through ball to Sturridge who is just too quick. Passing teams like Barcelona and Arsenal don't translate well to the game. It is just too easy to hold down the A/X button and have your team auto defend for you.

• 3 weeks later...

They've got to be holding back on something big? All those things would be shit even as DLC.

Actually I can see why EA are adding electronic advertisement boards. So they can make even more money from getting more companies to advertise on the game.

I **** hate EA, scumbag company

I saw some footage on a Gamespot panel at E3 with somebody from EA, he was saying how you can now "see the grass". I'm pretty sure that you can see visible grass on FIFA 14.

I don't think EA understands that we as the consumers don't really give a damn about silly things like this. Graphic upgrades on the players and stadiums are nice, but why should I honestly care if the flag moves? Or if I can see the pitch get destroyed? It's silly. We want improved gameplay where certain aspects cannot be exploited. Fifa 14 could easily be a proper game if they increased the difficulty in doing the chipped through balls and made crossing not as simple as it is. I swear EA just have to ignore the fans of the games. It's always all over their message boards, facebook, twitter, etc. They never listen to us and go ahead making whatever minor adjustments they want.

Â