Halo 5 : Guardians

PieFacE

There were some minor leaks from the beta yesterday. Showed that sprinting is still in the game. Will wait and see what they show before i make my mind up on it.

Yeah and ADS. But the ADS looked okay to me. 

I don't know how I feel about sprinting in a Halo game. Will be interesting playing Halo2 again tomorrow without sprint. 

Can't wait to play Halo 2 tonight. All my current Xbox friends are people i met on Halo 2 and still play games to this day. Hearing that menu music is nostalgia heaven.

Ah man you got it? I have to wait til tomorrow.

Yup i'm in the same boat, about 10 players I used to play Halo with on the Xbox/Xbox360 have all bought X1's for Halo MCC. It's gunna be awesome, can't wait! 

Apparently there's no Halo CE playlist on Xbox Live though yet :( 

Yeah, doing the old game share with my nephew. It's allowed me to buy more games knowing i only have to fit half the bill with him.

You can still play the Halo CE as long as it's mixed with say halo 3 and halo 4 maps. You just can't play Halo CE on it's own.

Well the MCC launch has been a bit shocking really hasn't it!! You managed to get a game online yet Dan? 

Here's some more Halo5 footage, not sure if anyone cares, but I think it looks good. Looks like a competitive Destiny without all the really annoying bullshit (special powers and heavy weapons)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhA1kGWsHnM

I've played about 5-6 solo games. Tried to play with a party of two and it kept splitting us onto different teams. Tried after the server side patch early yesterday and it wouldn't even find a game. There is supposed to be another server side patch today though? Not tried it yet.

It's much better than it was. I can actually get into games now. If you join with friends it still might put you on different teams, sometimes. The big matchmaking patch is out next week.

• 1 month later...

If you're in the Xbox Preview Program you get access to Halo5 this weekend. 

Just got this message

Coming soon for Xbox Preview Program Members: Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta early access! This weekend, help us get ready for the public beta, and be among the first Spartans on the battlefield. Check out the Preview Dashboard for details!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Seems the new Halo game will have 35 free multiplayer maps and a brand new multiplayer gamemode! I can't wait for E3... 

Here's some further info if anyone is remotely interested.

Here's some tidbits from this month's GI issue. A lot more in the magazine: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ns-923520.aspx

• Whether playing as Chief or Locke, you're accompanied by a fireteam of 3 A.I. which you can command/issue orders to in the campaign
  • Highlighting an enemy and hitting up on the D-Pad orders your team to assault an enemy
  • Other commands include picking up certain weapons, using turrets, driving warthog, etc
  • AI teammates can revive you as well
  • Confirmed: Linda, Kelly, and Fred join the Chief
  • Game starts out before Chief is on the run
  • Audio has been heavily reworked from the ground up for Xbox One (bullet sounds, debris, etc)
  • 8 months after Halo 4 ends, cataclysmic events are tearing apart star systems, these are tied to the Guardians (Forerunner entities shown in the first teaser trailer)
  • Game Informer played the second mission, taking command of Chief and Blue Team to take back an ONI research vessel abandoned for 2 years
  • Locke's team is described as having more advanced tech than Blue Team, members use the "ATS" (Artermis Tracking System) on their armor to bring out points of interests in levels
  • Team banter replaces interactions with Cortana to flesh out the characters
  • There are multiple routes to take in levels/multiple ways to tackle objectives
  • Difficulty scales to the number of co-op players
  • The zealous religious Covenant are slowly abandoning Jul M'dama's leadership from Halo 4
  • Halo 5 will launch with over 20 multiplayer maps
  • 15 DLC maps by June 2016
  • All maps will be free
  • Teases a "completely new, epic multiplayer experience" they'll reveal at E3. Incorporates "all aspects of the Halo sandbox for the first time ever"
  • This MP experience is described as a "dream of ours and all our fans to build something like this"

Â