Travelling Alone

mikeyp102

I have flights between countries booked the rest is just winging it, well sort of.

So I start in Sri Lanka where I am there for 4 days (flight times cut it down). I'm booking everything for that. Taking in Sirigiya, Minnersa, Worlds End, Yala and Negombo.

After that it's 2 nights in Singapore nothing booked for that.

Thailand for 30 days, got 4 days around Full moon party booked and a week at an elephant sanctuary in Chiang Mai. After that everything else is winged, depending on who I meet and what crops up. Will be in BK a few and will try other places , probably Phi Phi and others down south.

I have 2.5 months in Aus flying to Cairns just before Christmas and leaving from Sydney. Nothing planned here.

NZ another 2 months again nothing planned, even though defo want to do Queenstown for bungee jump and canyon swing as well as some of the LOTR mountains. Leave from Auckland where I have a mate so I will stay with him for a bit.

Fiji for 3 weeks, just plan to island hop. Hopefully will have learnt to scuba dive so may go out with the Tiger Sharks.

Final week in USA. In LA a night on my own (well outside of people I meet). My sister and her husband are coming down from San Fran the second night, we are then heading to some mountain my sister wants to hike (didn't really pay attention to what she was saying as didn't mind what to do). Final three nights in Vegas staying at the Aria (sister has booked and paid for this). I have the final night and day on my own.

I have an option to alter flights for free (with a weeks notice) if I want to alter plans. So we'll see. Can't wait now it's all I can focus on.

(Sorry if the post isn't 100% coherent as had a few tonight) (sorry donnie).

I hate you!

Sounds amazing mate.

• Like 1

It does sound wonderful. Makes me jealous! Fair play foe going on your own and to every other person who has done that. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I just don't think I could do it!

Cambodia is definitely worth a few days (I did six - three nights in Phnom Penh and three nights in Siem Reap). The Angkor complex is amazing. 

• Like 1

3 weeks in Fiji is way too long imo

( ps I got my tiger shark in 1 day :) )

Get yourself a flight to Tonga and in the water with them humpbacks

Watch yourself in those islands the men are huge , like a drink and by golly they get volatile

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â