Supporter Ownership

smetrov

Not sure, but realistically Swansea are only interested in staying in the Premier League. That's a lot cheaper to do than compete towards the top, which is what Villa fans expect as they arguably should. Spending vs league position is very much a non-linear curve (and for the pedants out there that includes all types of curve except those with infinite radii).

The actual deciding of things afterwards would be fairly easy I think. It'd go quite well with a decision share model.

Just have an online portal where motions are raised and debated. The software to do it wouldn't take much to write. I may have a go as a POC.

The getting enough money to buy in the first place is the biggest problem. To pay £200m, and making the smallest denomination £100, you need people to buy 2m shares. Are there 2 million Villa fans willing to put in £100 to have a voice? Doubt it.

About the only thing I could see saving it is that there are likely to be people with more money who would pay more for more shares and therefore more decision making power. So if you have some businesses or wealthier types willing to put in a few hundred grand, they'd have enough clout to seriously affect decisions.

You could also sell perks with the shares as well. Access to the ground etc.

Possibly not realistic but interesting to think about.

• Like 1

The actual deciding of things afterwards would be fairly easy I think. It'd go quite well with a decision share model.

Just have an online portal where motions are raised and debated. The software to do it wouldn't take much to write. I may have a go as a POC.

The getting enough money to buy in the first place is the biggest problem. To pay £200m, and making the smallest denomination £100, you need people to buy 2m shares. Are there 2 million Villa fans willing to put in £100 to have a voice? Doubt it.

About the only thing I could see saving it is that there are likely to be people with more money who would pay more for more shares and therefore more decision making power. So if you have some businesses or wealthier types willing to put in a few hundred grand, they'd have enough clout to seriously affect decisions.

You could also sell perks with the shares as well. Access to the ground etc.

Possibly not realistic but interesting to think about.

Wasn't that how clubs were owned in the 60's and 70's - you had a board of directors - elected by shareholders - surprise surprise the villa boardroom was famous for its in fighting and battles.

was it doug who one said 'No one man should own Aston Villa' ?

i know it works for spanish clubs, using barca as an example, even forgetting the massive fan base they have to make it successful, would it work without the politics behind it all? 

people dont seem to notice that the outgoing chairman is £300m out of pocket at the moment, its not as simple as raising £200m, buying the club and then running it better because we are fans and know how... crackpot is right, you might be able to do it if your main aim was existing in the prem but id like to think we aim a little higher than that

• Like 1

Some fans stopped putting their money into the club once they saw how shit we are. Really can't see people putting £2000 forward if they won't put £400+ for a season ticket.

If 100,000 Villa supporters put up 2K each, it's a done deal.

Not that far fetched if you think about it...

How many people have a spare £2k?

I'm guessing there 100,000 Villa fans out there that do...

If 100,000 Villa supporters put up 2K each, it's a done deal.

Not that far fetched if you think about it...

How many people have a spare £2k?

I'm guessing there 100,000 Villa fans out there that do...

Don't you hail from across the pond though? I earn a decent wedge over here and I could probably afford to put £100 in.

• Like 2

if i understand the proposition, we are going to ask 100,000 people to each pay 2000 quid to RL for the privilege of him not putting 20 million quid into the club each year...  

the club which lost a number in excess of 50 million last year, will now have 20 million less into its profit line, and the fans will not at this point have put one penny into the club....

if we thought the transfer kitties were shit in the last few years, they'd be somewhat shitter under our new model...

• Like 1

Â