• Holland
    • Italy
    • England
    • Belgium
    • France
    • Other (Name)

Spain. Best team by a distance. 

Too many cooks?

The tika-taka style hasn't been too successful in European competition recently.

I suspect Spain might be a big flop.

This tournament may be more about freedom of expression than collectivist effort (the Spanish style).

Possibly... but you could say an embarrassment of riches too.

Barcelona may have been found out a bit but they're not Spain are they? Spain have won the last 3 major tournaments they have been in (2x Euro, 1x WC) and are certainly the pick of the Euro teams. I'd be very surprised if they didn't make the final. I'm not a massive fan of how they play but it works for them

Too many cooks?

The tika-taka style hasn't been too successful in European competition recently.

This tournament may be more about freedom of expression than collectivist effort (the Spanish style).

Barcelona may have been found out a bit but they're not Spain are they? Spain have won the last 3 major tournaments they have been in (2x Euro, 1x WC) and are certainly the pick of the Euro teams. I'd be very surprised if they didn't make the final. I'm not a massive fan of how they play but it works for them

The Barcelona players have been the most influential, why the Spanish team plays the tippy-tappy passing game. 

Pique, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro, Villa (before his move)... and up until this Championship, Puyol.

Actually, the absence of Puyol is going to be a big factor in Spain's poor performance because he was a great defender in the pre-tika taka mould.

The current defenders Spain have are not World Class defensive defenders. Highly skilful players yes but they make unpredictable errors and teams will find it possible to pick them off, if they are not careful.

Barcelona is not quite the impossible threat they once were and I reckon that will repeat with the Spanish team that plays in a similar style.

Xavi and Iniesta are over 30 and a bit slower and if they do get out of the group stage (I'm not so sure... Chile might beat them) then they won't last the pace.

Too many cooks?

The Barcelona players have been the most influential, why the Spanish team plays the tippy-tappy passing game.

Pique, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro, Villa (before his move)... and up until this Championship, Puyol.

Actually, the absence of Puyol is going to be a big factor in Spain's poor performance because he was a great defender in the pre-tika taka mould.

The current defenders Spain have are not World Class defensive defenders. Highly skilful players yes but they make unpredictable errors and teams will find it possible to pick them off, if they are not careful.

Barcelona is not quite the impossible threat they once were and I reckon that will repeat with the Spanish team that plays in a similar style.

Xavi and Iniesta are over 30 and a bit slower and if they do get out of the group stage (I'm not so sure... Chile might beat them) then they won't last the pace.

Pique and Ramos are two of the best centre half's in Europe in my opinion. Plus they seem to do ok in the Euros.

There is nothing wrong with the way Spain play. It is the way teams set up to defend against them which makes the game boring.

Still my favourites.

Love to see Spain collapse.

They have named Torres in their 30.

Surely to be cut....

I reckon Brazil to win, and in a related relational thingy, nice article by Vickery on thoughts about Scolari's squad selection .... clicky click (if you wishy wish)

Love to see Spain collapse.

They have named Torres in their 30.

Surely to be cut....

I reckon Brazil to win, and in a related relational thingy, nice article by Vickery on thoughts about Scolari's squad selection .... clicky click (if you wishy wish)

Although ..... BBC  <_<

surprising not many people think Italy have a chance, they have been quietly solid in Euros and Confederation Cup and if Balotelli wants to play they could be in the reckoning

Bosnia and Herzegovina. Got them in my sweepstake.

Failing that - Argentina.

Argentina have a pretty easy group - and if they top their group as they should they get a decent run in terms of travelling around. They can get all the way to the final playing all their games relatively closely to each other, and all less than 300 miles from the Argentinian border. 

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Too many cooks?

Perhaps. Perhaps not. Looking forward to finding out  :)

Too many cooks?

Iniesta was 30 4 days ago. Is that over?

And Puyol missed euro 2012.

Anyway, did anyone say youaregay?

Iniesta was 30 4 days ago. Is that over?

It's over 30.

And Puyol missed euro 2012.

So he did.

Anyway, did anyone say youaregay?

No, unless you are.

Â