End of season review

PompeyVillan

No progress from last season but did have more key injuries. Delph, Guzan, Vlaar and Westwood the only positives for me. Basically this seasons signings were inferior to last seasons.

Can't wait to buy the DVD for this one...

They may as well just end the DVD after the Chelsea game. Wasn't that bad a season up until then.

I agree with you.

Unfortunately I think you are referring to the home game and I mean the away fixture back in August.

• Like 2

We ended last season looking forward to seeing the team continuing to improve and expecting us to score lots of goals. The end of this season just feels like all hope has been crushed out of us.

We stayed up.

The season was wrecked by injuries and poor form.

Weak investment and cost - cutting made it a miserable time with no excitement in January.

We do end the season on firmer financial ground which MAY help us out going forward.

Lambert maybe should have walked when his two assistants were suspended but glad we got over the line against Hull.

New owners with a new direction for the club needed.

So far Daren your post is the one I agree with most.

Last two months have been awful, lots of promise going into the season, key injuries did not help at all but spending jack all money has cost us and if continued we are down this time next year

When I was a kid and if we'd lost 3-0 to spurs I would of been absolutely gutted and shell-shocked. Nowadays I'm just resigned to losing and being glad its not more than 3 so we don't make the main headlines for being so shit.

I just feel embarrassed every time I watch them play with the constant hoofing from our defenders and lack of control and ideas from our midfield.

All I want is the team to attempt to play football in a decent way but clearly Lambert isn't the man to do that.

15th place not good enough.

No progress points wise either.

The two years we should give the manager is over. Has not worked. Let's try a new one and wait until summer 2016 to see if the next one is any good. Two new transitional years waiting...

Last two months have been awful, lots of promise going into the season, key injuries did not help at all but spending jack all money has cost us and if continued we are down this time next year

He has been given 40 plus million to spend though. Enough to rectify major weaknesses in midfield and defence.

Being on a limited budget he did not utilise the loan system enough and thought he could transfer championship quality players into Premiership players.

He also did not make better use of what was here when he first arrived and decided to take a hatchet to the squad when less was needed.

Even if his remit was to reduce wages his choice of player and organisational skills must be questioned with no improvement at all from last season in performance and who would you really keep from Lambert's purchases. Guzan, Benteke and who else?

I also wonder if Lambert does receive his p45 will he again employ Culverhouse and Karsa elsewhere?

Irrespective of all that he must be judged on results Richard and those results have been dreadful. At any other Premiership club with those results he would have been sacked a lot sooner than the end of this season.

The majority of his signings have failed. His motivational skills have failed along with his tactical nous and his legacy will leave our club with yet another major clear out of players with the next manager coming in.

He has been a complete failure.

• Like 1

Another wasted season, as fans we deserved effort, we deserved entertainment, we got lethargy, we got bored, worst of all we have got used to having no hope or ambition. I hope this take over is the start of something sustainable and not peter out after a couple of years ala Lerner.

3/10

As a 29 year old, this has easily been the most depressing season I can remember. A handful of good performances aside, Lambert will be remembered for breaking all the unwanted records, negative tactics and embarrassing cup exits.

Remember going to the forum Lambert did at the start of the season. It's was all so positive and everyone couldn't wait for us to get going. How wrong we all were.

Edited by benireduk

The McLeish season shades it as the worst for me. There were more thrashings this season (most coming in the last 9 games it seems) but also more good games.

Edited by Mantis

He has been given 40 plus million to spend though. Enough to rectify major weaknesses in midfield and defence.

Being on a limited budget he did not utilise the loan system enough and thought he could transfer championship quality players into Premiership players.

He also did not make better use of what was here when he first arrived and decided to take a hatchet to the squad when less was needed.

Even if his remit was to reduce wages his choice of player and organisational skills must be questioned with no improvement at all from last season in performance and who would you really keep from Lambert's purchases. Guzan, Benteke and who else?

I also wonder if Lambert does receive his p45 will he again employ Culverhouse and Karsa elsewhere?

Irrespective of all that he must be judged on results Richard and those results have been dreadful. At any other Premiership club with those results he would have been sacked a lot sooner than the end of this season.

The majority of his signings have failed. His motivational skills have failed along with his tactical nous and his legacy will leave our club with yet another major clear out of players with the next manager coming in.

He has been a complete failure.

Whenever I hear the £40m figure trotted out as a Lambert stick I just hear a group of Neanderthals chanting '40 million. Lambert bad. 40 million. Lambert bad.' as if the evolutionary advantage of reason hasn't found them yet. By the way that isn't calling you a Neanderthal, Shaggy, I'm just saying how it sounds to me.

£40m as a rough total of 2 season's worth of transfer fees isn't an especially good metric. It's based off estimates and doesn't take a multitude of other factors into play such as add-ons and wages.

I'd suggest that if you're looking for a marker for how good the players are that Lambert has had to work with, the wages is a far better metric. And all indicators are that the vast majority of players part of the first team have been paid very little compared to other Premier League clubs.

Â