End of season review

PompeyVillan

the only good thing is that it's all over.i used to hate the footie season being over as there was nothing to look forward to,saturdays were meaningless.i don't feel that way anymore,just relief that i can look forward to weekends now.thats what lerner/lambert have done to me.

• Like 1

Terrible. There were mitigating circumstances with the loss of our new centre half, new striker and the injuries to Benteke. Despite that the managers inability to organize the team to get at least a point from games where we needed something was baffling. Also or appalling home record and turgid football is not acceptable. The struggle to stay up was agonizing and the club was totally directionless all season.  At the very least the manager needs to go and hopefully the owner will go with him.

Players who did well: Guzan, Bacuna, Delph.

Players who didn't: Gabby, Weimann, Baker, Tony Moon and probably a good few others. 

Edited by villa89

Lucky not to be relegated. Again. Guzan was brilliant again. Delph did really well. All in all, a bit of a (gladly) forgettable season.

Us as fans never really had a chance to enjoy much of that season.  We never put a really good run together and everytime we looked like we were on the up we would go backwards and struggle. The only positive I'm taking from that season is that it's over and hopefully things are gonna improve from here on with investment from somewhere.  

The season was dog shit.

Poor manager, poor players and an owner not interested. 

If it stays the same next year, we'll finish bottom of the league

4points from the last 9 games and we still managed to stay up by 5 points and 12 goals difference. We had enough points after the Chelsea game. How bad have Hull, Albion Norwich Cardiff and Fulham been not to have finished above us. This has been a hard season to live through and because the finish last year was on a good run, 15th this year feels so much worse. We have 5 or 6 players we can retain, Guzan, Vlaar, Okore, Delph, Westwood and Benteke, add Grealish and Robinson and that's your lot. Massive changes needed for next season.

• Like 1

Â