Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Do spurs want Europa league?

I think most players wan't to play in the Europa Cups.

Of course they wan't the Champions League, but playing in europe is still a big pull to most players, maybe less so for UK players?

Of course they wan't the Champions League, but playing in europe is still a big pull to most players, maybe less so for UK players?

You could argue that having to play in the Europa League this season has halted or had a negative affect on their Premier League position, in turn meaning they haven't pushed on to get top 4.

I think there is definitely a case for teams not wanting to get into the Europa League, don't think they'll simply throw the game though.

You could argue that having to play in the Europa League this season has halted or had a negative affect on their Premier League position, in turn meaning they haven't pushed on to get top 4.

I think there is definitely a case for teams not wanting to get into the Europa League, don't think they'll simply throw the game though.

Yes i totally agree with that. I think Swansea more than Spurs have suffered a lot from playing in Europe this season.

Spurs have a huge squad that imo is built to compete in both the league and the cups, and i've never met a player who doesn't wan't to play games rather than train.

One of my biggest griefs with MON was when he forfeited the game in Moscow, after we crashed out of europe (something we chased for a long time) the team imploded and we never recovered

• Like 1

Yes i totally agree with that. I think Swansea more than Spurs have suffered a lot from playing in Europe this season.

Spurs have a huge squad that imo is built to compete in both the league and the cups, and i've never met a player who doesn't wan't to play games rather than train.

One of my biggest griefs with MON was when he forfeited the game in Moscow, after we crashed out of europe (something we chased for a long time) the team imploded and we never recovered

Although I understand sam's reasoning, it seems odd to me that they wouldn't want to be in.

Surely the solution is to improve your team and the depth in it, not forfeit.

You can always benefit from games in Europe, and get some better players because of it. Not Champions league players, but still.

Edited by AVTuco

No I definitely agree and do not think they'll forfeit as such, but "do they want to be in the Europa League?" - probably not. UEFA really need to make it more valuable/wanted, it shouldn't be looked at as a detrimental tournament but in reality that is what it is. Swansea as SNE says have suffered because of it, Newcastle did the other year.

The Europa League is a massive pox on any team, who are we kidding?

Shit money.

Play on Sunday most weeks.

No-one cares or watches it.

Loads of games.

No team wants it but would never admit it otherwise they will get Paul Lambert style hear for telling the truth.

So Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Bertrand at the back.

Bacuna, Westwood, El Ahmadi, Delph in midfield.

Weimann and Bowery up front?

Ah - Gabby back too and no El Ahmadi.

So a 4-3-3 - Villa standard. Bowery getting the chance up top.