roonst83

On second thoughts. 

Guzan

Lowton    Clark    Vlaar   Bertrand

KEA   Westwood Delph

Grealish

Weimann  Gabby

Subs: Steer, Tonev, Bowery, Albrighton, Bacuna, Baker, Robinson

(let's be honest, we won't see Helenius on the bench)

I think that'd be a decent line-up, bring Robinson on at 60 minutes or so. 

Whenever I've watched Spurs this year they really haven't looked very good, except for a couple of players (but then again, we're pretty rubbish too at the moment). They seem so unorganised, so maybe a bit of pace on the break might be able to unsettle them a bit. I still don't expect us to get anything out of this, but it'd be nice to end on a win and finish above the baggies. Give Grealish a start, bring Robinson on a bit later, let's see how they do.

so a win to us. Sunderland and Swansea draw. West Ham lose. We finish 12th and recoup an additional 4 million pounds? Lots to play for.

Those other results are likely. Our win.. probably not but you never know. Tottenham are in all sorts. However we don't tend to get results against them in recent years.

• Like 2

Recent results of our final games...

2013 - Wigan 2-2 Villa

2012 - Norwich 2-0 Villa

2011 - Villa 1-0 Liverpool

2010 - Villa 0-1 Blackburn

2009 - Villa 1-0 Newcastle

2008 - West Ham 2-2 Villa

2007 - Bolton 2-2 Villa

2006 - Villa 2-1 Sunderland

2005 - Liverpool 2-1 Villa

2004 - Villa 0-2 Man Utd

We are on Sky due to Spurs playing to cement their Europa League place. It's the only story left outside the title (non) race. Sky always have 3 picks on the final day.

If we play all the youngsters we'll get smashed about 10-0. Put out a proper team out please.

People suggesting Tonev please have a world with yourselves. 

Edited by supernova26

I'd play: 

______________________Guzan______________________

___Lowton______Vlaar__________Baker______Bennett____

__________KEA_______Westwood______Delph__________

_____________________Grealish_____________________
____________Weimann__________Robinson____________

If we're looking for 3 points which as KSV states there is a good case for (potential £4million difference in prize money), I'd go 5 at the back again. Worked against Man City for 60minutes and Spurs don't have the motivation or quality City have. I think we can nick a goal too counter attacking.

• Like 1

I remember when I was a kid and lived in Walthamstow with me old man we got 2 tickets outside WHL about 5 mins before kick off and it was a dogshite game and then in the very last minute the curse of conceding and losing kicked in like it so often does for us. The goalscorer? Tim effin Sherwood. Had the hump on the train back surrounded by yids wearing my home AST computer number 9 Milosevic shirt lol.

Again, like most weeks, our opponent will have too much quality for us. If Gabby and Marc are back and play well we could make something happen but I see a routine 2-0 home win and Lamberts last game in the dugout

In terms of League places, and therefore prize money, Villa have more to play for today than any other club.

A win + the right results in other matches could put us 12th. The opposite could put us 17th. Barring astronomically unlikely results like Hull beating Everton 12-0, no other team has a potential swing of 5 places between winning and losing.

At £1.2 million per place, there could be as much as £6 million riding on this match.