• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

What Lambert said was correct. A club the size of Villa shouldn't be so stretched when they have a few injuries. It was good to see Grealish come on the pitch but it probably wasn't the game you would want to make your debut. I don't give Man City any credit in winning the title. Any club that has spent the amount of  money they have should win it. The fact that they haven't won it easier is more suprising.

Its very bad for our game that this.. It doesn't happen in the NFL. FFP penalties are rediculous. What is the point of folllowing football when there is no hope of getting in the champions league unless you get massive investment. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Our biggest problem is the midfield and that's what the manager next year needs to address whether its lambert or not.

A midfield three of delph , al ahmadi and westwood is never going to score goals consistently.

We will be lucky to get 10 goals a season between them and I guess that's about what we have this year? Also add in the fact that they aren't prolific assisters either and that's the main problem with our team. The midfield is the most critical part of the team and ours is quite simply not good enough.

Its no coincidence that our best years under o' neill were with a midfield of petrov , downing, barry, milner and young, that was a bloody good midfield and we need to get back to something like that if we have any chance of achieving anything in the coming seasons. Counter attack football does have a place in premier league football but it can't be your whole philosophy, we'll never get anywhere with 30% possession football so for me Lambert needs to find another team that is happy with midtable mediocrity because frankly I've seen enough of it at Villa over the last 15 years.

Man City team plus bench cost ~£300m and Villa's was ~£19m. Tells you everything you need to know. Money buys success, the more you spend the better you do. Thank god we didn't go into these last two games needing something because we'd never have got it.

Weiman flapped our best chance when it was 0-0 and he was put threw with a run on Zabaleta he opted to shoot from miles out.

Bowery and Weiman up front may be dangerous against the likes of Hull but City is next level shít

Didn't see anyone differentiating between the cost of the Chelsea team and ourselves when we won so it shouldn't be used as an excuse when we lose.

Can't wait for this rotten season to end with the two Ls out the door.

Didn't see anyone differentiating between the cost of the Chelsea team and ourselves when we won so it shouldn't be used as an excuse when we lose.

This makes no sense. Especially as I'm sure people WERE differentiating between the costs of the two squads when we beat chelsea. i.e. how good of an achievment it was!

• Like 2

Anybody could manage the Man City team. I bet if Lambert was their manager they'd win the league as well. Give Lambert some proper money and see what he can do....

What Lambert said was correct. A club the size of Villa shouldn't be so stretched when they have a few injuries. It was good to see Grealish come on the pitch but it probably wasn't the game you would want to make your debut. I don't give Man City any credit in winning the title. Any club that has spent the amount of  money they have should win it. The fact that they haven't won it easier is more suprising.

Its very bad for our game that this.. It doesn't happen in the NFL. FFP penalties are rediculous. What is the point of folllowing football when there is no hope of getting in the champions league unless you get massive investment. 

I've been saying similar to this for a while. I find it very sad that finishing 4th is a bigger achievement for most of the clubs in the league, than winning it is for the few rich enough to challenge. 

Ridiculous to slag us off today

The strategy was right and much bigger teams have gone there and parked the bus

The difference is our players aren't world class

They put 4 past us and are going to win the league, big deal

Haven't learnt anything we didn't know

1-0 would have been nice and a further claim that the 64 minutes was more believable and testimony of the determination.

basic errors lets us down again, they were concerned until we dropped a clanger.

They wasn't world class before the 64th minute

Anybody could manage the Man City team. I bet if Lambert was their manager they'd win the league as well. Give Lambert some proper money and see what he can do....

I'll bet you any amount of money for that to be not true.....however how can we prove it one way or the other.

Lambert would not win the league if he had the American defence budget.....WHY? Too many things that don't directly relate to money ain't right.

A midfield three of delph , al ahmadi and westwood is never going to score goals consistently.

If it was just scoring goals....but it isn't. Its a whole combination of things.

Â