• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Set about it right I think. They were getting frustrated and another ten minutes of holding out might have seen us get something. Nice to see Lambert went for it a bit after going behind, and a couple of the kids got a run out. Let's just look forward to an interesting summer. 

Amd at least plop ain't winning the League. Every cloud.

Great 60 minutes followed by yet another spineless capitulation. I know Citeh are miles better but that last goal did it for me. Could not one of our players just slide tackle that lump? We just let him run through us. 

Bringing on the kids is no excuse by the way. What could have been a noble defeat against a much better side turned into another Lambert orchestrated horror show.

• Like 1

Poor performance from us with little goal threat.

1 win in 8 now and losing by 3 goals or more in 4 of those games.

Thought we could have been braver but as per usual we only have a go when we go a couple behind.

Lambert out.

Great 60 minutes followed by yet another spineless capitulation. I know Citeh are miles better but that last goal did it for me. Could not one of our players just slide tackle that lump? We just let him run through us. 

Bringing on the kids is no excuse by the way. What could have been a noble defeat against a much better side turned into another Lambert orchestrated horror show.

Laughable. Did you see the team we put out?

expected result, unexpected 1st half, great to see grealish play

would say city deserved to score 4 but we didnt deserve to concede 4 which doesnt really make sense

delph would have taken a yellow if he hadnt already been booked for nothing earlier, weiman was slower than demichelis which worried me, think the 1st half tactics and performance would have worked a treat if we had benteke and gabby as the out ball, city had 2 maybe chances before their goal? it was working, zabaleta pushing up did us, bertrand poor again, midfield 3 way out of their depth

special mention for sky, made watching tonight incredibly hard, verged on unprofessional at times, i hope neville lubed himself up before crawling up man city's arse

and i saw 2 stats on twitter tonight, one was dzeko cost £4m more than our match squad, the other was city have scored 110 more goals than us this season

Edited by villa4europe

Obviously didn't expect anything but once again irritating to have the entire world laughing at us live on tv. Weird collapse after a fairly disciplined defensive display for an hour; again goes to highlight the mental weakness of the team. Shifting four goals left, right and centre the last few months and Sunderland now above us on goal difference, which is slightly embarrassing. So much has to change in the summer, hopefully it starts with the board.

Although I agree Sunderland now being above us is annoying and we need to change, I really don't think the whole world is laughing at us.

An exaggeration I guess but It would have been nice to come out of the game today having kept defensive shape, really frustrated City for the duration and maybe lost one/two nil but showed some real steel and kept going. The collapse just gives the media and other fans more fuel to highlight our huge weaknesses and mock it, I'm just a bit tired of trying to defend it. That said, I'm not annoyed tonight, you really can't be. City are on another planet to us, I absolutely accept that. 

Thought we did OK first half.

I certainly do not think Clark, Baker or Bertrant are anywhere near Premiership standard.

Once the first goal went in we should have brought on either Robinson, Tonev or Grealish and gone for it.

Second goal went in, third/fourth flattered them.

Grealish should have come on a lot earlier.

Some of the players on the park are not premiership standard!

Whoever owns/manages Villa next season need to bring in 5-6 first class starting 11 players. Mix that in with some of the crop we have + our injury's we'll be fighting for 8th spot no worries.

Laughable. Did you see the team we put out?

Eh I think I did actually. Maybe you enjoyed the collapse in the last 30 minutes? Or should I say in the last 5 minutes. Or do you think taking off two defenders in the last 15 minutes for two rookies who are not defenders was a really smart move?

Edited by Harry

Ridiculous to slag us off today

The strategy was right and much bigger teams have gone there and parked the bus

The difference is our players aren't world class

They put 4 past us and are going to win the league, big deal

Haven't learnt anything we didn't know

Agree. Try the Lambert thread, his critics are having a field day

Thing we fared as well as most teams would have from about 6th in the prem down. Away to one of the richest sides europe - on a title run in - kept it tight for an hour - and how I wish Gabby had been fit tonight. 

Yeah we got a walloping, and the problems on the pitch are there for all to see- but we already knew that.

4 nil flattered them. It's always tough going there especially with such a depleted frontline. Thought we defended well for an hour and no complaint with the tactics. Hope we can finish this crap season on the up at Spurs on Sunday.

Â