• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Great 60 minutes followed by yet another spineless capitulation. I know Citeh are miles better but that last goal did it for me. Could not one of our players just slide tackle that lump? We just let him run through us.

Bringing on the kids is no excuse by the way. What could have been a noble defeat against a much better side turned into another Lambert orchestrated horror show.

Laughable. Did you see the team we put out?

Eh I think I did actually. Maybe you enjoyed the collapse in the last 30 minutes? Or should I say in the last 5 minutes. Or do you think taking off two defenders in the last 15 minutes for two rookies who are not defenders was a really smart move?

Yes.

What was leaving them on going to do?

What difference will losing 4-0 or 2-0 make at this point in the season with nothing riding on the game for us?

So many amateur tacticians here who all know better but they all disagree with each other. It's amazing. Lambert should have gone for it, Lambert shouldn't have gone for it. Who's right?

• Like 1

Great 60 minutes followed by yet another spineless capitulation. I know Citeh are miles better but that last goal did it for me. Could not one of our players just slide tackle that lump? We just let him run through us.

Bringing on the kids is no excuse by the way. What could have been a noble defeat against a much better side turned into another Lambert orchestrated horror show.

Eh I think I did actually. Maybe you enjoyed the collapse in the last 30 minutes? Or should I say in the last 5 minutes. Or do you think taking off two defenders in the last 15 minutes for two rookies who are not defenders was a really smart move?

What difference will losing 4-0 or 2-0 make at this point in the season with nothing riding on the game for us?

Not a huge issue but we may have lost out on a bit of cash, as Sunderland hopped above us on goal difference and Hull's is now quite a bit better. We need all the money we can get, so I'm not sure the board would be too pleased either. 

*edit: oops Hull's would have still been better had it been 2-0. So, I guess it doesn't really matter. Dropping one place isn't worth crying about. 

Edited by nobler

Yes.

What was leaving them on going to do?

So many amateur tacticians here who all know better but they all disagree with each other. It's amazing. Lambert should have gone for it, Lambert shouldn't have gone for it. Who's right?

I hope you are including yourself in that statement.

As for 'who's right' the answer is nobody as this is a forum where we all post our views.

• Like 1

It may have been the angle I was watching from but El AHmadi looked to be in miles of space out wide at one point and just stood still. I don't know if he was trying to stay onside or whoever had the ball didn't look anywhere near likely to pass it,

Maybe there was a Man City player in the way? It just looked like a golden chance that ended before it even started, so I'm interested to know if anyone knows which bit I'm talking about and had a better view of it?

We were 2-0 down at the time. I'll have a look at some highlights and see if it's on there so I can have a better look. It was probably nothing haha.

Would love to have played that match with a fully fit Benteke, Agbonlahor & Weimann.

We held out with our backs to the wall for well over an hour & I believe we would have roasted 'em on the counter with Gabby's blistering pace & that would have given us something to cling on to..

Would love to have seen Kompany with Benteke for company, especially with Man City's full backs so high up the pitch.

A creditable performance by the lads though a little naive at times. Toure should have been professionally fouled on at least two occasions.on the final goal.

I won't be losing any sleep over this result & that's for sure.

Great to see Jack Grealish get a run out too.

Keep The Faith!

• Like 4

Never mind. One more game and we can forgot this season ever happened. Lets plan for 2013-2014 right now.

I'd rather we planned for 2014-15 tbh!

Would love to have played that match with a fully fit Benteke, Agbonlahor & Weimann.

We held out with our backs to the wall for well over an hour & I believe we would have roasted 'em on the counter with Gabby's blistering pace & that would have given us something to cling on to..

Would love to have seen Kompany with Benteke for company, especially with Man City's full backs so high up the pitch.

A creditable performance by the lads though a little naive at times. Toure should have been professionally fouled on at least two occasions.on the final goal.

I won't be losing any sleep over this result & that's for sure.

Great to see Jack Grealish get a run out too.

Keep The Faith!

Just like he has done all season? 

Edited by Harry

Didn't expect anything from the game, and I was not disappointed in what I got. Embarrassed maybe, but not disappointed.

Very easy to brush this one aside as we had nothing to play for, the game meant nothing for us other than the spectre of humiliation of a live televised thrashing. I'd love to feel as proud as Paul does. But meh...  

We never were and still are not good enough. Bring on the summer.

Edited by Raver50032

With a fully fit team I would have given us half a chance to win this one, and with Gabby injured in the last match as well I really didn't expect anything from this game. His pace would have been ideal in this game on the counter, and I would have fancied him to get a goal in this match.

In terms of the match up, let's be honest here, one of their players probably cost more than our entire team to assemble. We kept them at bay for 60 odd minutes, and if we could have held on another 10-15 minutes frustration may have started to set in, and we could have then exploited their frustration. I must admit that I was a bit disappointed that we let in two late goals to gloss the scoreline a bit for them, but at least some of the youngsters got a go, which lets be honest most of us have asked for. Hopefully a good experience for them and will help them develop as players.

Anyway, roll on the summer this season is over for us. Hopefully with some decent investment in the squad during the summer, the majority of the players that have been on show this season won't be starters next season.

No-one would have beaten City last night; I viewed the match the same way as I did the Man U game last year where they had to beat us to win the title. The only time I bet on football is putting money on a Villa win against the big teams, so in that respect the team have actually been quite good to me this year, but it would have been throwing money away last night. A couple of good moves for us and Grealish on the pitch, 4-0 flattered them and we certainly have nothing to be ashamed of. Onwards to Spurs, be nice to finish the season with a win as I can't stand them!

Think we missed Super Marc too - I hadn't realised he was injured?    I know he was subbed off on Sat .  Let's hope he and Gab are back for Sunday - don't want another embarrassment - will be glad when this season's over!

Â