Championship Play Offs & Final

andykeenan

Championship Play Off's  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see promoted?

• Brighton
    • Derby
    • Wigan
    • QPR
    • Any of them as long as its not QPR and old saggy chops

I voted anyone but QPR. I did used to like them at one point maybe because they were one of the teams in top flight when I first liked football, now something feels different. I hope one of Derby or Brighton come up.

I am not a fan of QPR but with their $$$ surely they should have the best chance.

How so? It's all about the players on the pitch at the moment and it doesn't really matter about how much money the chairman has.  I'd like to see Brighton come up just because it's a new name and also because how far they have come. Like Swansea they were almost a non league club in the late 90s and they have built their club back up in the "right" way I guess.  Brighton would be a great away day too, especially in August or May when the weather is nice. 

I want Derby to come up because they're a nice friendly club and I always prefer it if the 3rd place team gets promoted as they deserve it more. 

I think that Derby will do it, they are the best team of the bunch and they are in the best form (five wins and a draw in their last six games) but I have never really bought into the 3rd place team complaining when they don't get promoted. They didn't win the division, they didn't even come second. If they want to come up then win the bloody league.  

I can just about remember football before the play offs, I certainly remember when they were "new" and their introduction improved the game greatly.  It's like the chase for Europe in the Premier League, it gives more teams something to aim for with their season both at the start of the season (I'd imagine more than half of the Championship fancied themselves to be able to reach the playoffs) and as things progress. Imagine how many dead rubbers there would be from about February onwards if the playoffs didn't exist? Loads of teams who aren't going up and aren't going down playing pointless fixtures in front of half empty stadiums. I wouldn't ever want to go back to that just to appease the team who couldn't even finish as runners up in the division. 

Oh I agree with the concept of the playoffs, and I enjoy them greatly. Just saying I would rather it was the 3rd place team who won them.

I started following football in the mid 90s, so I cant remember a time when there no playoffs. 

Anyone but QPR.

Sadly it wouldn't surprise me if we found Redknapp in the Premier League at some point next season anyway, with or without QPR.

Anyone but QPR.

Sadly it wouldn't surprise me if we found Redknapp in the Premier League at some point next season anyway, with or without QPR.

He already tried to get fired last summer by saying that he would quit if they don't get Wayne Bridge, as he's still in QPR I guess chairman called his bluff.

Voted for Derby as i like the way McClaren has them playing but with a hint of sadness as if they do come up then we've probably little or no chance of getting McClaren as our manager.

Anyone but QPR.

He already tried to get fired last summer by saying that he would quit if they don't get Wayne Bridge, as he's still in QPR I guess chairman called his bluff.

He's been planting the seeds of an exit strategy for months. Something about his knee.

He'll be gone if they don't get promoted, and the media will fawn over him, saying how much of an achievement it was to make the playoffs (even though their wage bill is higher than Atletico Madrid's)

Â