FA considering allowing clubs to have "B" teams.

The_Rev

Danny mills who for some reason is on the FA commission has come out and said Hartlepool would rather play utd b that Torquay

Safe to say Hartlepool fans on twitter don't agree, a lot of angry people

Danny Mills is a grade A clearing in the woods.

Danny Mills is an idiot.

He says that if we won''t do anything we won't be qualifying for tournaments and we'll be picking Championship players.

Blatantly not true - like we'd struggle to qualify for a 24-team European Championship  :lol:

They also keep going on about the number of English players decreasing in the Premier League.

Well surely it's about quality not quantity.

I'd rather there were 40 class Englishmen in the Premier League than 100 average Englishmen.

I'd rather have 1 Gary Neville than 3 Danny Mills'.

Also they haven't actually proved that less Englishmen in the Premier League leads to a worse England team.

20 years ago there were twice as many Englishmen in the top-flight and we didn't even qualify for the World Cup.

Not to mention missing consecutive World Cups in the 70s.

• Like 1

I'd feel sorry for the proper league clubs if this does go ahead. I think a feeder club system would be better where a prem team is assigned a lower league team (with u21s registered for both teams) and then the lower league team can play the u21s if needed. However in return the lower league team would get some use of the facilities and coaches at the prem team

Agree about the coaching structure as well. When I was younger I started my coaching badges, but the price and old boys network stopped me progressing.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

I'd feel sorry for the proper league clubs if this does go ahead. I think a feeder club system would be better where a prem team is assigned a lower league team (with u21s registered for both teams) and then the lower league team can play the u21s if needed. However in return the lower league team would get some use of the facilities and coaches at the prem team

How would it be decided which club was paired up with which? Would be unfair on the clubs who are competing with City/Chelsea feeder clubs surely?

(not saying it is necessarily a bad idea btw, just interested in how it would be organised)

How would it be decided which club was paired up with which? Would be unfair on the clubs who are competing with City/Chelsea feeder clubs surely?

(not saying it is necessarily a bad idea btw, just interested in how it would be organised)

No I agree, maybe a ballot each yr? Or maybe like the US draft system, so lowest placed league two side (after relegation) would get the top prem team. I hadn't really thought about the ins and outs of it all, was just musing really (probably what the "panel" have done, but they'll actually go through with it, without thinking of the implications). Edited by mikeyp102

Â