West Hams punishment should have been...

Grant(aka_eddy)

What should West Ham's punishment have been?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should West Ham's punishment have been?

• Nothing, it's not a big deal
    • Fine less than £5.5 Million
    • £5.5 million sounds about right
    • Bigger fine
    • Points and fine - Specify
    • Automatic relegation
    • Their fans should be left alone one by one with a naked Matthew Upson

Former was, latter was ever so slightly tongue in cheek

In that case then I wouldn't agree as the club were the ones who with held information. It would be unfair to punish the players.

West Ham really ought to have a transfer ban though precluding them from buying new players.

Just for once, it would be nice to see the FA display just a shred of evidence that they've got any bollocks.

I think a fine would be appropriate if West Ham had signed the players but weren't aware of the rule about their ownership.

But as they "acted improperly" and withheld key documents from the FA, they should have been docked between 3 and 6pts.

points deducted improvs Sheff Utd's chances of staying up and that's the worse thing that can happen for the premiership

I thought the fine was high , in fact i thought great news , now they've got Steve McClarens severence pay in the bank :-)

I think the fine is about right. The deal was done by people no longer at the club, but its enough of a deterent for other clubs.

How would we feel if we were punished now for one of Ellis's dodgey deals?

anyone read the transcript of the meeting?

an absolute **** farce...

basically, the premier league have decided that the shammer clearings in the woods broke rules b13 and u18, by lying and playing stupid and crying ignorance, in an attempt to deceive the premier league into allowing the tranfers to be sanctioned...

the premier league then say its all bad, yada yada, then claim that its nobodies fault that they knew about it months ago but allowed the shammers to continue playing tevez, and that it would be unfair to deduct points now, because its taken 6 months for them to sort it... also something about not wanting to upset the fans who have known about this possible points deduction for ages, and that they dont want to impact on the shammers chances of prem money next term....

an absolute **** disgrace...

source..

Guest VillaFan1

For me it should of been points and a fine and as for a reason fielding 2 ineligble players is bad enough i mean their really is no excuse.

i,d say 6 points deduction and the fine they got would of been fine.

Seems to me clubs allways get away with fielding ineligble players as Accrington got away with it to !

If this is not ground for a point reduction what is? 3 or six points of and a fine. The argument of prize money is silly, a point reduction will ALways reduce the price money recieved (unless you are a lot of points off your nearest rival). FA made a mistake, end of.

Fined £ 50,000 for every game that Tevez and Mascherano played in, and a 10 point penalty.

The £ 5.5 million fine they got was way too lax, some Shammers fans on another forum are still trying to wriggle out of it though. The FA and PL are a disgrace.

Fined £ 50,000 for every game that Tevez and Mascherano played in, and a 10 point penalty.

The £ 5.5 million fine they got was way too lax, some Shammers fans on another forum are still trying to wriggle out of it though. The FA and PL are a disgrace.

How many games did they play in?

If they were fined 100K per game (50K per player) then to get to 5.5M it would have to have been 55 games

I think the 10 point penalty would have made up for any financial shortfall in the fine though, and that should have been the key.

The PL are a bunch of gutless cockney wankaaaas!

As this is looking possible for the SPam to stay up, anyone reckon the teams who get relegated will have enough grounds to appeal (is that teh right word?) for point deductions to the SPAM? If I was any of the board members for one of the relegated clubs (may be not watford), I would be looking into all the legal stuff and challenge the FA, as it was crystal clear they did wrong.

And I don't care if it was the previous owner who dealt with it illegally, as they were doing this on behalf of the Spam Club!

I read something at the weekend, can't remember where, that should West Ham avoid relegation, the team(s) who get relegated may launch a legal claim against the FA. It won't result in the FA/PL changing their mind but it could lead to them having to pay out huge amounts of damages.

I read something at the weekend, can't remember where, that should West Ham avoid relegation, the team(s) who get relegated may launch a legal claim against the FA. It won't result in the FA/PL changing their mind but it could lead to them having to pay out huge amounts of damages.

Sad....yet again money solves the problem.

Sad....yet again money solves the problem.

If anything, it just adds further proof (as if there was any doubt) that the FA/PL are a bunch of jokers. They should be much more accountable for their actions or rather inaction!

Â