• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Excellent game, put to bed in the first half....overall rather stress free, which is not something we've been used to recently. Big well done to AW10 and J-Bowz! The boys put in a hell of a shift.

This does not make up for the shit shower of a season, but it's nice to be safe at long last.

Onwards and Upwards!

Delighted for Bowery - he played so well. He gets too much stick on here for a player who hasn't been given enough game time until today.

Albrighton and weiman were awesome. Westwood was good but Delph had a quiet game.

Well done boys.

The Villa park faithful were on another level - delighted we got behind the team from start to finish.

Yiihaaaa, what a homecoming! We're safe now I suppose. I still don't know the score, we scored three, that's all I know.

Tonight will be bliss, and it will be late. First of all, I plan to read through the game thread, and enjoy every single line you guys have wrote. And then..... I don't know, I'm just really happy and relieved right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 2

Done.

Westwood was excellent, Bowery and Weimann worked well together, Weimann took his goals well and worked hard, Bowery proved he might yet have a future at this level.

And breathe.

Seriously! He played well and showed a lot of endeavour, but never looks like he will score.

Just not a Premier League player.

Except when he was denied by a superb save from the keeper.

Twice. He played really well and showed a lot good moves and did not put a foot wrong.

MOTM for me.

Done.

Westwood was excellent, Bowery and Weimann worked well together, Weimann took his goals well and worked hard, Bowery proved he might yet have a future at this level.

And breathe.

Seriously! He played well and showed a lot of endeavour, but never looks like he will score.

Just not a Premier League player.

Except when he was denied by a superb save from the keeper.

Twice. He played really well and showed a lot good moves and did not put a foot wrong.

MOTM for me.

He may have put one foot wrong, otherwise it could have been a clean sheet ;) 

The offside not given

0Tu4mRX.png

I know it's not the issue, but where the heck is our right back / right mid?
In the wall against a Tarquin free kick

The offside not given

0Tu4mRX.png

I know it's not the issue, but where the heck is our right back / right mid?

You make a good point. At free kicks and corners we are so naive.  The amount of times the other team has a corner and then they have a 2 vs 1 situation to get a cross in is really frustrating to watch! Happens week in and week out.

We got over the line and the relief at the final whistle was palpable. We played fairly well and did what was needed but the Hull players (and fans) didn't turn up and there was only ever one team which really wanted to win. The fans were fantastic and helped push the players over the line. It was very telling in the second half that it was our real heroes, players like Ian Taylor, John Carew, Paul McGrath, Martin Laursen, Ollof Mellberg etc that received the recognition from the fans, not the current players masquerading as Premier League footballers. Many of the performances this season (Swansea, last week, for one example) have been nothing short of disgraceful and change is needed because we won't always scrape clear of relegation.

Considering the *hit we've put up with this season, the fans have been very patient. Now it's time to sell to an owner who can invest in the team and squad, bring in a dynamic young manager (who, I don't know, anyone will be better than Lambert) and sign some players to replace this current dross.

• Like 3

Thought Baker was terriffic yesterday. He gets tons of stick on here but he didn't put a foot wrong yesterday.

Bowery also did very well, nice assist for goal three. But in reality he's never going to be a top flight striker.

Didn't stay for lap of "appreciation"...straight in Holte Suite for a couple of el cids then up Ladyboy Road for an awesome balti :)

Also the missus came yesterday, it was her first win of the season...same as Pelle and the Villa Sweden mob. About time they all witnessed a victory!

• Like 1

Â