• Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Are we officially safe?

Technically no, but it would take a ridiculous goal difference swing. I really can't see Norwich smashing Chelsea and Arsenal 5-0.

But we could easily get smashed 4-1 twice or even 5-0 !

Stop being obtuse.

Nothing wrong with looking at things from a different angle.

obtuse
əbˈtjuːs/
adjective

1. 1.
    annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
    "he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"
    •  

2. 2.
    (of an angle) more than 90° and less than 180°.
    "an obtuse angle of 150°"

Now you're just trying to be [a]cute

Are you hitting on me?  :ph34r:

We can breathe a massive sigh of relief with this result. Well played Weimann, Albrighton and Bowery, not forgetting the edge that Gabby created before being substituted for injury.

Hull looked as though they were staying out of trouble  to stay fit  for  the FA Cup Final on May 17th rather than a team also needing survival points.

Our chances of getting  something from the remaining games improved   today.

If we had lost this game our chances would have been seriously reduced.

Can we get to 40 points this  season ?

Just got in, fantastic result, fantastic support

great finish by Westwood, and fantastic flick header from weimann for the third

bowery did well, surprising how good a touch he actually has

• Like 1

Are we officially safe?

Technically no, but it would take a ridiculous goal difference swing. I really can't see Norwich smashing Chelsea and Arsenal 5-0.

But we could easily get smashed 4-1 twice or even 5-0 !

Even then Norwich would have to beat Chelsea and Arsenal 4-0.

And results involving Albion, Hull and Sunderland would all have to go against us as well. 

MOTM the bloke in the lower holte trying to get everyone to take their shoes off. Villa Park was bouncing today, so nice that my weekend hasn't been ruined for once!

Why did he want everyone to remove their shoes?

The team really stepped up today and although Hull played like a team with a cup final coming up, the players still had to deal with an enormous amount of pressure and handled it well, so really pleased in that aspect. Some really good individual performances too. Just delighted we can go into these last two games relaxed now and try and have some fun. Horrible, horrible, horrible season - relieved it's over. 

First off I am glad we won today and are basically safe. I doubted they would win today so I am pleased they proved me wrong. I was not at the game today and have missed all the home wins in 2014- and have had the pleasure of Shef Utd, West Ham, Fulham, Stoke, Palace and Swansea away. So if I do not go to any matches next year Villa should get a top 4 easy!

But really sweating on staying up in the last 2 weeks of the season is just not good enough. We will probably not get 40 points and staying up this yr is down to 3 worse teams than us. Without major, and I repeat major, changes at ownership, coach and player levels, we will be relegation fodder every season for years to come. Today is a good day, but we have had too few good days in the past 4 seasons.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Great to see a performance that was something of a throw back to the bottle and blood and thunder of late last season, although Hull were really really poor.

Pleased for Weimann to get his goals, nice set up and finish from Gabby and Westwood too.

Delighted for Bowery who I would've given MOTM, I suspect maybe we'll look back on this as the best game he ever had for Villa.

Onwards and upwards now. Lerner to sell up, new owners to hopefully bring not just a refreshing management team but also a new direction and excitement for the club.

Well done to the fans once again for turning out in numbers and for fantastic vocal support in what in some ways has been a more disappointing season than last season!

UTV!

Done.

Westwood was excellent, Bowery and Weimann worked well together, Weimann took his goals well and worked hard, Bowery proved he might yet have a future at this level.

And breathe.

Seriously! He played well and showed a lot of endeavour, but never looks like he will score.

Just not a Premier League player.

Done.

Westwood was excellent, Bowery and Weimann worked well together, Weimann took his goals well and worked hard, Bowery proved he might yet have a future at this level.

And breathe.

Seriously! He played well and showed a lot of endeavour, but never looks like he will score.

Just not a Premier League player.

Except when he was denied by a superb save from the keeper.

Great atmosphere at VP today. The seats around us were full for once with some really loud and 'merry' lads adding to the party sprit, well done to them.

I thought we played very well. For once Lambert got his tactics spot one and everyone on the pitch delivered for him. Defence looked solid with three at the back save for the howler when Hull scored. Man marking???

I have to give my MOTM to Bowery. He never stopped running, has a great attitude and maybe has a future as a squad player at the club. 

Its great to come home with a smile on my face and my industrial strength G&T is slipping down very nicely at the moment. :cheers:

Edited by Harry

Well, we left it late in the season again, but we have done it. Something will have to change, however, we cannot keep doing this every season, or we will go down.

Great performance today, and Lambert's teamshape worked. Weimann was superb, his usual energy plus goals, MOM. He is much better suited to this position.

Westwood was excellent, and, surprisingly, Bowery was very good, best I have seen him play.

The rest of the team played with great spirit and commitment, but I cannot understand why they cannot play like that more often.

And Guzan, when will he ever learn that pumping the ball up constantly only brings pressure back on the team.

Feeling much better about everything tonight, but fear it may be too little, too late for Lambert. 

Great team performance first and foremost, they didn't stop from start to finish.  Westwood MotM for me - exemplary midfield performance both defensively and in attack.

Wonder what the odds would have been before the game on a Villa win and Bowery on the scoresheet... ;-)

Glad we got that win today and seem to be safe but we should be doing that to the Hulls of this league . Even if our manager had to be forced to a plan b and the subs came good for once against a poor side that had a cup on their minds.Far too many bad days to outweigh the good ones.

Â