Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez

AVFCRAMTIN

Looking at Bent's stats on Wiki if I were Hernandez I'd take being compared to him as a huge compliment. People might say he's a different type of player and maybe there is a difference but essentially they're both goal poachers.

Why would any player want to come and play for the halfwit Lambert?

Is the bit in bold necessary? I know for a fact Lambert has had dialogue with the agents of top quality players, but unfortunately RL has refused to sanction deals for these types of players. Lambert also convinced Benteke to sign a new contract, do not underestimate Lambert's ability to attract top quality to this club.

The only way we will progress is going for these types of players, hopefully in the summer we will be doing so. Attracting Hernandez is possible IMO. 

he hasnt convinced any top quality yet though has he??

don't think top players want to paly for 20k a week no matter how inspiring Lambert is. they wouldn't play for Mourinho of Fergie for that salary

I remember a 0-6 win over Derby, a 5-1 win over Birmingham City, a 4-0 win over Bolton, a 4-1 win against Newcastle, a 4-0 win over Blackburn and a 5-0 win over Wrexham. Oh and a 2 4-4 draws against Chelsea and Spurs. All those results are from the 07/08 season.

Sounds pretty exciting to me.

How about a 1-3 win at Arsenal, a 4-3 against the baggies, 4-1 win against Norwich, a 3-2 win over Man City, beating the champions league semi finalists one nil at home and a 3-0 defeat of Rotherham in the league cup? Oh and 2-2 away at Anfield. 

You can handpick fixtures and make this season sound pretty decent.

• Like 4

I remember a 0-6 win over Derby, a 5-1 win over Birmingham City, a 4-0 win over Bolton, a 4-1 win against Newcastle, a 4-0 win over Blackburn and a 5-0 win over Wrexham. Oh and a 2 4-4 draws against Chelsea and Spurs. All those results are from the 07/08 season.

How about a 1-3 win at Arsenal, a 4-3 against the baggies, 4-1 win against Norwich, a 3-2 win over Man City, beating the champions league semi finalists one nil at home and a 3-0 defeat of Rotherham in the league cup? Oh and 2-2 away at Anfield. 

You have convinced me.  :)

Van Gaal will be wanting to ship him off ASAP, and a number of lesser Spanish sides will be eager suitors. He's not the answer for us, anyway.

• Like 1

71 goals in 07/08. Only Chelsea and Liverpool have more this season. Say no more.

Don't understand why people don't want Hernandez. IMO it would be our biggest signing in terms of player profile since Carew and I reckon it would get other big name players on the fringes of the top clubs to consider joining us.

Yes he doesn't style of play but no decent player fits our style of play as it's horrible. Hopefully the next manager will realise you actually should sign some creative central midfielders.

Really don't see Hernandez coming anyway, he'll go to Spain imo.

• Like 1

It's just a complete joke to even seek to compare the 07-08 season with the 13-14 season. This just feeds the idea that Lambert's apologists are completely deluded, although I'm sure that can't be true.

Think he is a great player but this seems very oddly when we are getting linked to random squad players then boom, hernandez. Like what? This would only make sense if a takeover was on the rise and even so, it seems awfully weird that we are getting linked with players aka bullshit.

It's just a complete joke to even seek to compare the 07-08 season with the 13-14 season. This just feeds the idea that Lambert's apologists are completely deluded, although I'm sure that can't be true.

If this was aimed at me please tell me where I said the two seasons were comparable?

• Like 1

There was no comparison at all there. He was (incredibly clearly I might add) making the point that you can hand pick results and make any season sound either better or worse than it was. Don't let it stop you making a dig at 'Lambert apologists' though. (even though this isn't a thread about Lambert, nor did the poster in question even mention him)

• Like 3

Why would any player want to come and play for the halfwit Lambert?

Is the bit in bold necessary? I know for a fact Lambert has had dialogue with the agents of top quality players, but unfortunately RL has refused to sanction deals for these types of players. Lambert also convinced Benteke to sign a new contract, do not underestimate Lambert's ability to attract top quality to this club.

The only way we will progress is going for these types of players, hopefully in the summer we will be doing so. Attracting Hernandez is possible IMO.

He still doesn't fit in our team unless we go 4-4-2

Think he is a great player but this seems very oddly when we are getting linked to random squad players then boom, hernandez. Like what? This would only make sense if a takeover was on the rise and even so, it seems awfully weird that we are getting linked with players aka bullshit.

If we get taken over by the names mentioned we can do better

Â