Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez

AVFCRAMTIN

Meh....

I wonder if this coincides with the incredibly slow season ticket sales?

What's embarrassing is the amount of people in this thread convinced it's an impossibility. Yes, it's unlikely, and it could easily be another piece of transfer tittle-tattle, but why couldn't we attract players like this? We're not small heath ffs! We're Aston Villa! <br />

<br />

There was a time when players would love to come here. We give youth a chance, we have a bunch of great prospects in and around the side, we have a quality striker and with a change of direction/manager, could be back fighting for a place in the Top 10 or even for a Europa League place.<br />

<br />

I don't even think that Hernandez/Holtby are out of our reach if Lerner stays. As long as the 'higher' earners are balanced out with the Bacunas and Westwoods in the squad, the wage bill can still be managed.

Whilst I can sort of understand the season ticket renewal theory, if anyone renews their season ticket on the back of some rumours in newspapers then they must be f*****g morons.

As proved on VT. There are plenty of morons about!

Whilst I can sort of understand the season ticket renewal theory, if anyone renews their season ticket on the back of some rumours in newspapers then they must be f*****g morons.

As proved on VT. There are plenty of morons about!

I'm a moron!

I didn't renew my season ticket on the back of any rumoured takeover, change of manager, or possible signings.

Curiously I renewed because I support Aston Villa.

Strange thing to do that.

• Like 1

If the standard of football was like it was in 2008, I would get one.

I think that the shit we have endured in the past 4 years has misted over just how bad the O'Neill football was.

Now if the standard of football was like it was in 1992, we would all be purring.

I remember a 0-6 win over Derby, a 5-1 win over Birmingham City, a 4-0 win over Bolton, a 4-1 win against Newcastle, a 4-0 win over Blackburn and a 5-0 win over Wrexham. Oh and a 2 4-4 draws against Chelsea and Spurs. All those results are from the 07/08 season.

Sounds pretty exciting to me.

Edited by Voinjama
  • Like 2

I remember a 0-6 win over Derby, a 5-1 win over Birmingham City, a 4-0 win over Bolton, a 4-1 win against Newcastle, a 4-0 win over Blackburn and a 5-0 win over Wrexham. Oh and a 2 4-4 draws against Chelsea and Spurs. All those results are from the 07/08 season.

Unfortunately younger people have never known better.

It is understandable that the O'Neill brand of kick and rush is warmly remembered as it is an oasis of 'success' in their short Villa supporting life.

• Like 1

Unfortunately younger people have never known better.

It is understandable that the O'Neill brand of kick and rush is warmly remembered as it is an oasis of 'success' in their short Villa supporting life.

If you couldn't enjoy that season I feel sorry for you.

2007/2008 - 71 goals

1992/1993 - 57 goals

and 07/08 was 4 less games.

Although I've only been a Villa fan since 95/96 so I ill admit I don't know or remember that 92 season you refer to.

Comparisons to Bent are laughable. Chicharito would be massive for us and I don't think it's insane to think we could put in a bid for him. I am in agreement it's highly doubtful we will though...

• Like 1

bring back the gregory years!

cant see this transfer happening if we stay up, as already mentioned, he will go to a better club, not relegation candidates.

So not going to happen under the current regime / manager. Were both to change I could see it happening....possibly.

Personally I like him as a player and teamed up with Benteke would be awesome. Him or some of our current strikers? Bit of a no brainer.

I love Hernandez as a player. True professional, honest and aggressive when chasing chances. The new Solskjær so to speak. He deserves to play regularly, but I am certain he will leave for a bigger club - most likely in Spain with better climate

• Like 1

Â