Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez

AVFCRAMTIN

"Javier Hernandez is reportedly a key transfer target for Aston Villa in the summer.

The Daily Mail reports that Aston Villa will up their ambitions in the summer and the 25-year-old Manchester United striker has been identified as a perfect player to add to the Villa Park ranks.

The Mexican forward has been on the fringes at Old Trafford for some time, he has a record of 59 goals in 150 games since joining the club in 2010.

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Lewis Holtby is also a target.

Would you want these two players at Villa Park?"

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-rumour-mill-javier-7056902

You can also read about it on AVFC website!

Strikes me as a player who's similar to Bent, very good in front of goal and at finishing but needs other players to set things up for him, struggles to create chances for himself like Benteke does.

Would happily have him if the price was reasonable but not sure I'd be happy paying a large sum for him.

• Like 1

From his point of view, he will think he can do better then a club battling relegation every year. If he does leave Manchester United this year or next, which I think he will - then there will be many clubs higher up the food chain who will come in for him. Whether we like it or not Spurs, Everton and even Newcastle are way ahead of Villa at the moment and I'd guess they'd be interested as well as prominent clubs in Spain like Atl Madrid or Valencia. 

Didn't we stop playing Bent because  besides his goals it was argued that unless he scored it was like playing with ten men? I know that perhaps Hernandez might have a higher work rate but with the ball I'd imagine that his contribution would be fairly similar to Bent's.

This is either complete bull**** by the media, or the club trying to look ambitious to the fans by trying to sign a good player with the knowledge that they will never come but still try anyway. Doug Ellis used to do that trick all the time. 

Edited by Voinjama
  • Like 3

I'm more excited about the Holtby interest but imagine Benteke alongside Chicharito? A poacher and a target man. Reminds me of the partnership of Carew and Gabby as his best! But having Holtby in our club would be amazing! He should be our number one target IMO..

Edited by AVFCRAMTIN

Was very excited about the 3 names we are hoping to get but can't see us getting hernandez. Bigger fish will come in for him. Nice to see a bit of ambition though if it is true.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â