Gerry Adams arrested in connection with a murder 1972

TrentVilla

If it's the case I'm thinking of, the lady in question was abducted and murdered, and her children had no idea what had happened to her until her body was eventually found. While I see the merit in the idea of moving on, and letting some thing lie, her children have had to live their lives with this hanging over them. They deserve justice. 

If it's the case I'm thinking of, the lady in question was abducted and murdered, and her children had no idea what had happened to her until her body was eventually found. While I see the merit in the idea of moving on, and letting some thing lie, her children have had to live their lives with this hanging over them. They deserve justice. 

Thats the one.

I'd be surprised if anything came of it.

I can understand why you would think that and to extent so would I be, but this stems from the release of the Boston College tapes and you would imagine some quite damning statements by people involved in such terrible acts.

Should increase his chances of becoming president of South Africa at least

The bloke has enough blood on his hands already , one more to add to the list , let's hope this time he goes down for it

Yep, not many gangsters get convicted.

If ever they got close to charging them, they should just grant him and McGuinness lifelong freedom if they give closure on a  number of cases, starting with the Birmingham pub bombings.

But it would never happen, because they are a pair of weaselly protection racketeers, hiding behind a nationalist 'cause'.

I can't imagine that these two individuals are particularly well liked south of the border either.

Thats the one.

Something happened to my family in Belfast that was similar,  The IRA killed one of my relatives,  mistaken identity as he was coming out his house.

Had 5 kids at the time,  another on the way.  words removed

I can't imagine that these two individuals are particularly well liked south of the border either.

They are a bit like marmite, Adams is a TD & Marty polled well in the Presidential Election. It appears some folk in the UK appear to have taken a shine to 'em...

_61197402_queen.jpg

doubt anything will stick, his statement claimed it was an arranged meeting with PSNI.

would be far from his biggest fan but think its not coincidental that they arrested him with local elections in near 3 weeks

If I understand the material came out relatively recently after a legal case and its been gone through slowly; I am sure they wanted to talk to him around this point, and someone (realising the timing) thought why not now? But maybe Sinn Fein should perhaps have thought that it was hardly the cleverest thing for various people to talk about these times even if they had the promise they would only be released when they were dead?

I don’t think this will change how people would have voted? People seem to be aware of the links of most politicians in NI with various terror organisations on both sides.

Â