Weekends football 3/4 May

andykeenan

I know they are just showing his highlights, but Ross Barkley really is comparable to Gazza in terms of playstyle, isn't he?  Those driving runs from midfield are a joy to watch and the lad knows how to play football too.  If he can be half as good as Gazza was in terms of ability and manage to stay out of trouble then he is going to have a decent career.  Hopefully he will be the player England can build their midfield around for the next decade. 

Nothing looks better than a diving header.

Jo Guest's tits do.  Or did.

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 2

I know they are just showing his highlights, but Ross Barkley really is comparable to Gazza in terms of playstyle, isn't he?  Those driving runs from midfield are a joy to watch and the lad knows how to play football too.  If he can be half as good as Gazza was in terms of ability and manage to stay out of trouble then he is going to have a decent career.  Hopefully he will be the player England can build their midfield around for the next decade. 

Nothing looks better than a diving header.

Jo Guest's tits do.  Or did.

Don't think Barkley has quite the same spark as Gazza had but Barkley could be great player for england.

It'll be interesting to see what club he (Barkley) ends up at. For his sake, I hope it isn't any club with Mourinho at the helm.

He will go abroad in a few years I reckon.

Wonder how many Newcastle fans walked out in the 69th minute.  They will have missed two goals and them sending Cardiff down. 

Also, why the 69th minute?  Lineker says it's because that was the last time Newcastle won a trophy, but that was the Inter City Fairs cup which was a friendly tournament which wasn't sanctioned by UEFA and entry for it was by invite only. Surely it's about as legitimate trophy as our Peace Cup win? :lol:

• Like 3

Wonder how many Newcastle fans walked out in the 69th minute.  They will have missed two goals and them sending Cardiff down. 

Also, why the 69th minute?  Lineker says it's because that was the last time Newcastle won a trophy, but that was the Inter City Fairs cup which was a friendly tournament which wasn't sanctioned by UEFA and entry for it was by invite only. Surely it's about as legitimate trophy as our Peace Cup win? :lol:

Exactly, their last 'proper' trophy they won was the FA cup in 55.

Bristol Rovers relegated to the Conference  :blink:

Surprised more hasn't been made of this. I guess there is a relatively small handful of teams that has been in the football league non-stop for the best part of 100 years. 

Â