Nile Ranger arrested AGAIN

Guest av1

22 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

In a world where even the most useless footballers are millionaires just for turning up to training and going through the motions, this thick **** is robbing housewives to pay the bills.

What a thick sack of shit.

He'd have been earning £10k a week at Newcastle minimum and was even reportedly on £2k a week at Blackpool recently

Going to prison for defrauding someone of your weekly wage, As you say, what a thicko

• Like 1

It's with rocket polishers like this that I'd like to see some sort of "totting up" system employed by the courts. 

While 8 months may be a fair sentence for this particular crime, its not going see him change his ways. The bloke thinks he is some sort of gangsta and he probably sees 8 months inside as nothing more than an occupational hazard. 

When idiots like this are trouble time after time, i believe a judge should have it in power to hand down a much more severe sentence based on past behaviour, rather than being liminted to a maximum tariff for each crime.

26 minutes ago, av1 said:

It's with rocket polishers like this that I'd like to see some sort of "totting up" system employed by the courts. 

While 8 months may be a fair sentence for this particular crime, its not going see him change his ways. The bloke thinks he is some sort of gangsta and he probably sees 8 months inside as nothing more than an occupational hazard. 

When idiots like this are trouble time after time, i believe a judge should have it in power to hand down a much more severe sentence based on past behaviour, rather than being liminted to a maximum tariff for each crime.

As he's a 'professional' sportsman he should have a license and a football association strong enough to revoke said license if you serve time.

ranger has always courted trouble but still clubs are willing to take a punt on him, paying him handsomely compared to everyday workers.

51 minutes ago, av1 said:

This probably isn't the thread for this, but whenever this has been tried (as in California over the last few decades) the inevitable upshot is prisons stuffed full of non-violent offenders doing 25 years for stealing a sandwich or whatever. It's insanely expensive and produces basically no good results at all. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Fair point @HanoiVillan. I can certainly see the issues a totting up system would create. 

You just wonder though what the answer is to people that continually reoffend. 

I have a cousin who has spent much of his adult life in prison (He is a couple of years younger than me, so maybe 35/36). I think his longest sentence has been 2yrs, and the longest period of time he has spent on the streets before being sent back to prison is 4 months. 

Clearly the bloke isn't being rehabilitated. Maybe he views a 6 month term as "worth the risk" I've often wondered if a really severe sentence would knock some sense into him.

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

Fair point @HanoiVillan. I can certainly see the issues a totting up system would create. 

You just wonder though what the answer is to people that continually reoffend. 

I have a cousin who has spent much of his adult life in prison (He is a couple of years younger than me, so maybe 35/36). I think his longest sentence has been 2yrs, and the longest period of time he has spent on the streets before being sent back to prison is 4 months. 

Clearly the bloke isn't being rehabilitated. Maybe he views a 6 month term as "worth the risk" I've often wondered if a really severe sentence would knock some sense into him.

It certainly is a difficult dilemma. There probably are no perfect answers, just different degrees of badness. I'm sorry to hear about your cousin, I hope he gets his head out of his ass at some point. 

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile, Nile Ranger finds new and imaginative ways to get into trouble with the fuzz,

Ranger's Tiote tribute under investigation

A social media post from jailed Nile Ranger about former teammate Cheick Tiote has resulted in an investigation from the Ministry of Justice.

Two weeks ago, Ranger was jailed after admitting to online banking fraud charges and was sentenced to eight months in prison.

But an Instagram post from the 26-year-old this week dedicated to Tiote, who tragically passed away on Monday in China, has prompted questions about how the former Newcastle striker was able to access the app and post from inside the prison

imgID112876147.jpg.gallery-575x1024.jpg

"Sad to hear the news about my brother Cheick Tiote," the post read.

“He would go through a brick wall and give you a two footed tackle in training a day before a cup final!

“What a guy though, top man and a professional. My condolences go out to his family.”

Prisoners are not allowed access to social media applications such as Instagram while serving time in British jails and they are also denied access to mobile phones.

"This behaviour is unacceptable and we are working to get the content removed from social media. The prison is also investigating," a spokesman for the Ministry of Justice told the Southend Echo.

"It is a criminal offence to bring a mobile phone into prison, or transmit sounds or images from within a prison using a mobile phone. These offences carry a maximum penalty of two years in prison."

There have been calls to put a blocking mechanism in place on mobile phone signals in prisons in the wake of Ranger's post, with a former acting prison governor suggesting that it was the most logical course of action available to deny prisoners who have smuggled phones inside the opportunity to beat the system.

• 3 months later...

Can't play night games as he is curfewed. 

What a person

Nile Ranger will miss Southend United's League One game against Shrewsbury Town on Tuesday because of a curfew.

The striker, 26, was released from prison in August having served 10 weeks of an eight-month sentence, after admitting online banking fraud.

Ranger has featured in Southend's past two games but manager Phil Brown says his electronic tag will mean he misses the 19:45 BST kick-off in Shropshire.

"Unfortunately the tag is causing me a problem," said Brown.

"His curfew is 7pm until 7am and it doesn't look like we've got the opportunity of playing Nile."

Former Newcastle, Swindon and Blackpool striker Ranger was released early because of his "consistently excellent custodial behaviour".

He made his return to league football as a 53rd-minute substitute against Rochdale on 3 September, before starting Southend's 2-1 defeat by Charlton on Saturday.

Brown told BBC Essex: "I've been in touch with governors, as opposed to coaches about what systems we should be playing. These are problems that we've got.

"I've spoken to Nile and it's looking like it's 90-95% that he's unavailable for Tuesday."

Brown added that the Shrewsbury match is likely to be the last game affected by Ranger's curfew, with the electronic tag set to be removed before Southend's match at Fleetwood on 23 September.

15 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Out after 10 weeks of an 8-month sentence seems pretty lenient, especially given his persistent recidivism. 

Bet if you or me refused to pay our council tax we'd be in for months.

• Like 2

Â