Nile Ranger arrested AGAIN

Guest av1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Delfouneso is crap as well.

In our youth and reserve sides, he was fantastic, he was also great in our first team albeit briefly. He was never given an extended run of games in our first team, what on Earth makes you think that he is crap? Aren't you a mod? Shouldn't you be setting an example and not using swear words?

He'd spent time inside a young offenders unit for his part in an armed robbery before he joined saints, he'll be another footballer with very little brain cells, surrounded by idiots and the clubs he played for think nothing of sticking him a couple of grand a week then they'll wonder why having loads of money and nice things didn't turn him in to a fine young gentleman

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

what on Earth makes you think that he is crap?

My eyes mainly.

Youth football is meaningless.

He didn't get a run of games for a very good reason, same reason he is now at Swindon.

PS - crap is something of poor quality.

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

My eyes mainly.

Youth football is meaningless.

He didn't get a run of games for a very good reason, same reason he is now at Swindon.

PS - crap is something of poor quality.

Meaningless? 

Every established player has played youth football at some stage of their lives.

Everyone has to start somewhere, regardless of who they are or their reputation.

I am aware of what crap means, thanks Trent :) Nile Ranger is now at Southend United, he used to play for Swindon Town

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Meaningless? 

Every established player has played youth football at some stage of their lives.

Everyone has to start somewhere, regardless of who they are or their reputation.

I am aware of what crap means, thanks Trent :) Nile Ranger is now at Southend United, he used to play for Swindon Town

Yes meaningless when used in the context you just used it. 

Yes Nile Ranger is at Southend Only I was talking about Delfouneso who is at Swindon.

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes meaningless when used in the context you just used it. 

Yes Nile Ranger is at Southend Only I was talking about Delfouneso who is at Swindon.

So why is it meaningless?

We gave Nathan Delfouneso a great grounding, he was brilliant as a kid but not quite good enough as he became older, that doesn't mean he won't be in the future.

He has such great natural ability, finishing and control of the football, I don't know if he has the mentality or mental strength. I guess that is open to debate because no-one knows that ;)

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

So why is it meaningless?

We gave Nathan Delfouneso a great grounding, he was brilliant as a kid but not quite good enough as he became older, that doesn't mean he won't be in the future.

He has such great natural ability, finishing and control of the football, I don't know if he has the mentality or mental strength. I guess that is open to debate because no-one knows that ;)

He really really really doesn't, he's a terrible football player and it's not like he's very young, he's 25 or so. He has scored like 5 league goals in close to 100 games after leaving Villa. He might have been good when young, as have many others before him, but the ship has sailed, his next club will likely be in a lower division, not a higher one. 

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

13 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

what on Earth makes you think that he is crap?

I imagine he's watched him play first team football at least once.

That's enough to realise Delfouneso was utterly rubbish at the top level.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Meaningless? 

Yes meaningless.

And yes every established player has played youth football, so have loads of ex footballers who never made the next step and work in chip shops. Whats Ethan Moore up to these days? ;)

Yes every player has to start somewhere but you can't ignore how a player has done at senior level and point at their youth record as vindication that they are better than their career suggests. 

Youth football is also a fairly bad indicator because its so open in terms of the age of players at a stage in their careers when age and physical development is still very much a factor. Another factor that detracts from its meaning is the better young players move to a senior level early, those that coaches are less sure about stay at that level longer.

Its a barometer of potential, not ability. Youth football has had many many next big things who haven't actually been good enough to make the step up, bloody hell we've had enough of them just at Villa.

Delfounesso isn't good enough to play at the top level, neither were the Moore's, nor Byfield, Gardner is looking like he isn't.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I imagine he's watched him play first team football at least once.

That's enough to realise Delfouneso was utterly rubbish at the top level.

I saw ND have some really good games in a Villa shirt. He's not top class for sure but I was also a little surprised he never got more of a chance as he seemed to work hard and score a few goals. 

Delfounso was a very talented footballer that had he been managed better probably, possibly had a better career, from the age of 16 he was in the first team scoring goals in the europa league, he played in some cup games and scored a few goals, but really needed to go on loan and play rather than sit on the bench. How he's career has ended up is typical of a huge percentage of equally talented footballers who drop down the leagues when they had the talent to play at a high level, just not the application. Look at Craig Gardner, an horrifically shit footballer still playing in the prem, cus he does enough to be there.

nile ranger however is an absolute cum shot.

Â