End of season lap of "honour"

PieFacE

Lambert confirms the players will do a lap of appreciation after the match!

That'll be popular with the players.

Hopefully his last act as our "manager".

Lambert confirms the players will do a lap of appreciation after the match!

Lap of appreciation for the players or fans?

After this season the players should kneel with bowed heads in the centre circle and honour us for the shit football we have had to endure.

There will be no appreciation from me.

Not sure its the best idea though, i obviously hope whatever the result nobody gets any abuse but there will no doubt be a few should we fail to win, if theres anyone left by then.

Well some of the players went across to the away fans following the Swansea game and were swiftly told to piss off

I cannot imagine what the crowd would be like should the same happen again

Decided I'm not bringing my nephew to the game today, we have ST's and the last home game would usually be great for a little lad with the players' lap post-match, but it got ugly enough @Palace and Swansea for me to not want to risk putting him in what will be a very hostile Holte End if we lose tomorrow.

I just hope the atmosphere starts positively, it's all we can do as fans for one last push, whether the players deserve it or not we're better than making it pesonal, we're the Villa and need to show the country our support is unbreakable for the club, no matter what.

I think this is a no brainer. The players should lap the field applauding the home fans. The fans should applaud back. Period. End of. Rude and unacceptable in a civil society for either to do otherwise.

Did Lambert go out with the players? I didn't stay for the lap of the pitch, bit did see the players off (I sit near the tunnel).

When Lambert walked down the tunnel he made no notion towards the crowd, walked straight through, head down. Looked to me to be a man who knows he is not going to employed for much longer, in all honesty.

I stayed for the lap - it was polite applause - helped by the fact we had actually won! No sign of Lambert and the Holte were great to the players kids. 

Â