End of season lap of "honour"

PieFacE

Actually, McLeish's last home game wasn't so bad because we got a 1-1 draw with Spurs which more or less guaranteed our safety and incidentally was a kick in the goolies for old Candleface.

But I don't think there was too much of a lap of honour...

article-2140291-12F42F7D000005DC-282_634

If I remember right a lot of the blame was put solely on McLeish so the players got away with it to some extent. This time round I think it will be different given the shocking home form and the fact the players seem to be getting a bit of stick as well.

Actually, McLeish's last home game wasn't so bad because we got a 1-1 draw with Spurs which more or less guaranteed our safety and incidentally was a kick in the goolies for old Candleface.

But I don't think there was too much of a lap of honour...

article-2140291-12F42F7D000005DC-282_634

There was lap of honour for sure, McLeish wasn't with them though. It was Heskey's last game for us, he came out with and his kid (or one of them anyway) with a Villa shirt on and Heskey on the back he kept scoring goals in front of the North Stand. We were singing 'sign him up'. It was Cuellar's last home game too. I've always stuck around for them at the end of the last home game, I personally wouldnt dream of abusing the players/manager when they're walking round with their kids, but I don't suppose the same could said for all.

• Like 4

Even if we win on Saturday, I can't see the reaction to this pisspoor bunch of losers being at all positive. It will be a walk of shame in my opinion.

Worst Villa team in 25 years with the worst manager since Billy McBingo and they have shown it over the course of the season.

Final whistle....there should be a deafening silence, followed by the 'walk of shame'.

I agree.

They should all do it on their knees, slowly making their way around the pitch, begging for forgiveness with an "I'm sorry for being shit" t-shirt on.

Over hot coals  :twisted: 

In the bygone past the team kicked a few balls into the crowd and clapped the fans pre game. I think some clubs also had a banner saying something like "thank you for your loyal support" but the lap around the ground tended to only apply if the team had won something. I think we might want to think about going back to what was done in the past for this one... 

Final whistle....there should be a deafening silence, followed by the 'walk of shame'.

I agree.

They should all do it on their knees, slowly making their way around the pitch, begging for forgiveness with an "I'm sorry for being shit" t-shirt on.

That's pretty sadistic.

I think if we lose we should scrap the walk of shame and just had Paul Lambert come out dressed as a giant mouse and made to walk around the pitch . At the same time stewards should be handing out rotten fruit for the fans to lob at him !!!!

Either way we should not boo the team and manager, we've got more about us as a club than that. I know some games they get booed off but end of season lap of honour we should just bite the bullet. Very small time otherwise. Or if you don't want to applaud then just leave after whistle. I'll probably just leave after the whistle. Not going to waste my time booing.

• Like 1

I agree.

That's pretty sadistic.

With their balls clamp with jump leads attached to a car battery that the fans can set off with key pads presented under each seat before kick off.

In the bygone past the team kicked a few balls into the crowd and clapped the fans pre game. I think some clubs also had a banner saying something like "thank you for your loyal support" but the lap around the ground tended to only apply if the team had won something. I think we might want to think about going back to what was done in the past for this one... 

I caught one of those balls once. Can't remember what season but was in the mid 70's. Claret and blue leather caser. I still have it 

Either way we should not boo the team and manager, we've got more about us as a club than that. I know some games they get booed off but end of season lap of honour we should just bite the bullet. Very small time otherwise. Or if you don't want to applaud then just leave after whistle. I'll probably just leave after the whistle. Not going to waste my time booing.

As comfortably the worst Villa  team for a couple of decades, they deserve every boo they get.

I don't agree with booing before or during games, support the team while they're playing, but if they dare do a 'lap of appreciation' around the pitch at the end they should be left with no doubts that the appreciation is not mutual. They should be **** ashamed.

As comfortably the worst Villa  team for a couple of decades, they deserve every boo they get.

I don't agree with booing before or during games, support the team while they're playing, but if they dare do a 'lap of appreciation' around the pitch at the end they should be left with no doubts that the appreciation is not mutual. They should be **** ashamed.

Is it their fault they are not good enough? 

It's not like they haven't been trying. 

The men who should be boo'd are Lerner and Lambert.

I don't get to many games these days but when back at Xmas a few years back I recall the late December game in 2010 when we lost 4-0 away to Man City. Our fans as usual were brilliant that day and though we had bugger all to cheer we did a bit of 'let's pretend we've scored a goal' followed by huge cheers and wild celebrations. The Man City fans applauded us and it was god banter. Those I met out later that night said what great support we had.

Assuming we get some sort of result vs Hull (which of course is up in the air in itself) instead of booing everyone off, (and imagine how the likes of Robinson would feel if we did) fans could take the 'let's pretend we've won the league' approach followed by wild celebrations and cheering...it will still get a clear message across that things were nowhere near good enough but in a more classy, sarcastic way, just a thought.

• Like 2

Â