End of season lap of "honour"

PieFacE

So, last home game of what has been a truly awful season is coming up this weekend. Traditionally, the players do a lap of honour where us fans get the chance to applaud the efforts of the squad & manager.

So if we win against Hull on Saturday, do we think they should do a lap of honour?

If we lose against Hull on Saturday, should they do a lap of honour then?

If we lose I imagine the atmosphere will be pretty bad, I'd rather they just didn't bother coming out.

In McLeish's last home game, did they do a lap of honour then? 

Edited by PieFacE

It's not a lap of honour, it's a lap of appreciation.

It's the players thanking the fans for their support not the other way around.

Whether it's a good thing for them to do on Saturday, I'm not sure.

Is it? :lol:

I've always assumed it was the other way round. Duh. 

They should not do a lap of honour regardless of the result. If they do then it should be in front of an empty stadium. There has been no 'honour' this season.

Harsh.

Not really, only what they deserve after putting the fans through 2 seasons of relegation battles.

It wont be called a lap of honour, it will be called a thanks to the supporters.  The players will slowly trudge around a half empty stadium unless we somehow manage to win 4-0. 

If we win then we'd be safe the fans would be relieved if not anything else and the lap of honour would probably be ok. If we lose however i dont think its a good idea especially since the players usually have their kids and stuff, the atmosphere will be absolutely horrible should we fail to get anything.

Can anyone remember what it was like in McLeish's final home game?

I was thinking this, I really can't remember.

Yeah the same, I'm certain I was there, I must have left before the lap of honour/appreciation.

How about, if we lose.You know how players throw the manager up and catch him on the way down when teams win the title or the Champions cup.

Well, if we lose.How about the players throw Lambert off the top of the upper Holte End.

Just a thought.

I remember the last home game of the Graham Taylor Mk. 2 season (2002/03). He even came on the mic and said words to the effect of 'It's been a lousy season...' to which it seemed, a large portion of the remaining crowd booed!!

To be honest, whatever happens on Saturday, I would rather they just didn't. It will either turn nasty and make the club look shiter than it is, or make the fans look like an ungrateful bunch of tossers... which is what the press will focus on.

Better for the players, and for us mere mortals if it was treated as any other Saturday.

I remember graham Taylor doing a speech and getting booed, sad moment when a club legend got the abuse he got

Beeeeeatch!! Beat me to it! Grrrrr... lol

Lap of ROFL?

Baker goes in hard from behind, taking out the whole team.

Lowton loses possession and can't catch the player who skins him.

Lambert on a children's ride screaming "We go again" as Faulkner hands him the phone.

Lerner in disguise - the new version of Mr Ben...

• Like 1

Â