Midweek football 28 April/1 May

andykeenan

I still think Blues will stay up, sadly.  Doncaster will get smashed at Leicester and a point against Bolton will keep Blues up on goal difference. 

16 in one Champions League season..plus if he gets any in the final. Will surely be many years before thats broken.

He missed two games in the CL this season as well, so it could (probably would) have been even more. Galatasaray at home and Dortmund away I think it was.

Fantastic player, just never stops scoring goals - isn't even happy with a hat-trick if he missed a sitter to get the fourth. That's why he is at 16 and not 8 goals so to speak

• Like 1

Still have this horrible feeling Blues will stay up on goal difference. I know Bolton are in good form but think they might get a point there and Doncaster will lose at Leicester. Fingers crossed I'm wrong

So then this possession thing, load of bollocks isn't it?

It only works if you have one or two players who are direct and can change the pace of an attack e.g. Messi, Pedro, Sanchez at Barcelona, or David Villa (at his prime) for Spain. Otherwise you end up passing the ball around endlessly and any top level defence will handle that.

They'll lose to Chavski in the final as Mourinho will play archaic football that everyone doesn't want Moyes at Villa for and get hailed a tactical genius, meanwhile Tony Pulis will see the **** irony in Jose's pot kettle black ways.

• Like 1

They'll lose to Chavski in the final as Mourinho will play archaic football that everyone doesn't want Moyes at Villa for and get hailed a tactical genius, meanwhile Tony Pulis will see the **** irony in Jose's pot kettle black ways.

The thing is, though, with Mourinho - you know it's a means to an end. If you put up with defensive football (at times), you know it's going to yield big trophies.

As Villa fans, we're going to win **** all anyway, so we might as well, at least, be entertained.

Atletico played a full strength team against Valencia, and they don't have £100m + worth of squad players to rotate with, so Chelsea will be unquestionably fresher. I can see Mourinho's men win 2-0.

Yes but if Athletico score first I think the tie is dead.

Atletico played a full strength team against Valencia, and they don't have £100m + worth of squad players to rotate with, so Chelsea will be unquestionably fresher. I can see Mourinho's men win 2-0.

Yes but if Athletico score first I think the tie is dead.

Freaking-out.gif

• Like 2

Â