Midweek football 28 April/1 May

andykeenan

Just saw the score...what

Could have been more.

Ronaldo is awesome and Bayern are so worried about him they forgot about the Ramos, twice.

3rd goal was brilliant.

Lets all hope Leicester are already on the beach.

Or that Bolton aren't.

Am i right in saying Chelsea have never faced Real in the CL? Cant remember ever seeing it

Correct.  They played in the Charity Shield European Super Cup in 1998 but they haven't had a proper game since 1970/71 when Chelsea beat Real Madrid over two legs in the Cup Winners Cup.  Chelsea won the Super Cup game too for what it's worth. 

Am i right in saying Chelsea have never faced Real in the CL? Cant remember ever seeing it

Correct. They played in the Charity Shield European Super Cup in 1998 but they haven't had a proper game since 1970/71 when Chelsea beat Real Madrid over two legs in the Cup Winners Cup. Chelsea won the Super Cup game too for what it's worth.

Yeah, didnt think so. They always paired up with Barca. Anyway if they do get past Atletico tomorrow which wouldnt suprise me (likely fluke a 1-0), then i hope and expect Real to wipe the floor with them in the final

I'd fancy Chelsea to do Real Madrid.  You can rely on Chelsea to get a result in a big game and Mourinho knows the strengths and weaknesses of that Madrid squad inside out.

Correct. They played in the Charity Shield European Super Cup in 1998 but they haven't had a proper game since 1970/71 when Chelsea beat Real Madrid over two legs in the Cup Winners Cup. Chelsea won the Super Cup game too for what it's worth.

you get these weird coincidences now and again.

Wasn't the barca vs Ajax game this season the first time they'd EVER met in European competition?

That's startling when you consider how often they must have been on the same competition

Â