Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Cup Final. Last chance to gain any points for us this season. Hull will play with more freedom as our team and crowd will be nervous as hell. Jelavic and Long could stroll this - both are cup-tied so won't be worrying about getting injured fir the final.This is all set up for a loss. Hull have a much better shape to them than us. Our squad lacks the fight, spirit, determination, drive and quality to stand up to the rest of beating teams around us...especially without Benteke who, as we all know, we rely so heavily on.

I'll approach this game the same way I have the past couple if months...expect a loss so will be keeping my eye on the other teams around us instead.

Just horrible.

Ps, pleeeeeeease no bullsh*t photos of the whole squad laughing their arses off in training this week.

What'd I'd pick

Guzan

Lowton - Vlaar - Clark - Bertrand

Bacuna - Westwood - Delph

Albrighton - Holt - Agbonlahor

Bacuna has put in some good performances in midfield but he seems to get little chance there, he and Delph would at least offer something going forward from midfield. I'd start Holt just to have some height in there and Weimann has been incredibly poor all season.

I expect the side to be the same as Swansea though with Clark in for Baker.

Two weeks before the cup final which, hopefully, they'll be focused on. 

It wont matter ( we are at home ) so they can beat us with their reserves.

Expect to see Weimann striking fear into their defenders again. 

• Like 1

Really not wanting to go to this game, that's how bad we are and how depressing it is to watch games at Villa Park.

Feel the same. The game will be shit, the players will be shit, Lambert will be shit, the atmosphere will be shit.

If we lose, I fear for when the players and Lambert go around the stadium applauding the fans..

If we lose there's no way they can do a lap of honour surely? Specially with their kids and stuff, it will be toxic. 

Come on everyone, roar the lads to VICTORY!

Really not wanting to go to this game, that's how bad we are and how depressing it is to watch games at Villa Park.

Feel the same. The game will be shit, the players will be shit, Lambert will be shit, the atmosphere will be shit.

That's the spirit!

:lol:

Hull played 5 at the back against Fulham. 

if they play 5 at the back against us and sit deep we will have no chance whatsoever of breaking them down. Can't see anything other than a loss in this one. 

They will sit back, make it hard for us to pass it around, then wait for us to make a mistake, and hit us on the counter attack. 

Which is why we should play 5 at the back and sit deep. It'll be the most boring match in history but if we cancel each other out we at least have a bit of pace if we get to break.

We need VP to be full and rocking for this one. It's easy to turn your back on your team and not go when things aren't going well but the players need 100% vocal backing for 90 minutes then any frustrations can be vented afterwards.

• Like 3

Shane Long always scores against us (maybe not factually true but it bloody feels like it!)

I'd stick with Lowton ahead of Bacuna and bring in Clark instead of Baker in defence.

I'd keep the midfield 3 of KEA, Westwood and Delph

Albrighton must start and Gabby did score - so that leaves Weimann or Holt.

Part of me thinks we should go 4-4-2 with Gabby playing off Holt but neither have offered much up top at all in recent weeks.

I'll definately be going out during between 1500-1700hrs so I cannot fret about what is happening on the pitch. I'll check the scores and be either surprised (we've won) or apathetic to our current demise.