• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Norwich players refunded their travelling fans when they lost to Swansea 3-0 last month. Wonder if our players will do the same?

Fed up of Lambert protecting the players. They've got to take some responsibility in all this. Lambert has to go but we all know it's not going to happen before the end of the season. Plus he deserves it on his CV for the dross he's served up in the last 2 awful years.

18 league defeats in a season is another unwanted record for Lambert. I'm just so angry with the team, Lambert and the club in general.

Norwich, Fulham and Cardiff will keep Villa up.  Norwich need a win and draw against Chelsea & Arsenal; Fulham need to beat both Stoke and Palace; Cardiff need to get 2 wins out of 3 and it doesn't matter who they're playing.  If they beat Sunderland it doesn't matter, they'll go down instead.  I don't expect us to get a result against Hull, despite them being safe and looking forward to a cup final.  I think the board should give away some tickets though, as we'd stand a better chance if some fans actually turn up - I wouldn't want to pay to watch what will inevitably be a disappointment.  Staying up by virtue of there being 3 teams worse than us.  Again.  It won't happen next year.

I know this has all been posted already, I'm just trying to convince myself it's true.

• Like 2

Didn't see the game but I heard on sky sports that the villa players gave everything but it just wasn't enough. It's Swansea for F's sake!

Don't believe everything you hear.

It wasn't a case of 'just'.

We stopped trying at 3-1 despite there being about 15 mins left.

I don't recall their goalie making a save in the second half.

Oh, and grant 'fatfucker' holt was sent on to rescue the game at 3-1

Didn't see the game but I heard on sky sports that the villa players gave everything but it just wasn't enough. It's Swansea for F's sake!

Don't believe everything you hear.

It wasn't a case of 'just'.

We stopped trying at 3-1 despite there being about 15 mins left.

I don't recall their goalie making a save in the second half.

Oh, and grant 'fatfucker' holt was sent on to rescue the game at 3-1

Sorry I forgot to add i think it was when Swansea scored the third or at 2-1 I heard that.

Whilst the result was horrible, did people saying we played shit actually watch the match?

Their first goal was offside, second was a freak, we had really good spells in this game.

The result is horrible, our form is horrible, we are really loking down the barrell AGAIN. I'm not saying the situation isn't shit, but we actually looked decent for the majority of that game, some awfull defending for the third and Baker's assault in the penalty area turned it into a pasting but we didn't actually play shit, we were worse against the saints and drew that.

Just back from the Liberty and have to agree with romavillan. Our play today was decent at times.

Up until the 3rd goal we were the better team. Had we not conceded the 2nd goal so soon after equalizing we would've picked up at least a point. The crowd really turned on both the players and Lambert so there's no way back for him now. Without doubt Baker is the poorest central defender we've had since Steve Sims. He was nowhere near Bony for the first goal and I said to my kids just beforehand that Baker was going to be caught out.

We'll scrape enough points to survive but after forking out for 3 tickets, travel and food to get soaked and taunted by a load of Welsh inbreds isn't acceptable.

Thanks AVFC for wrecking yet another weekend.

Westwood MOTM for me

Edited by Robbie09
  • Like 3

I wouldn't write Fulham off yet. Palace and Stoke are tough games, but winnable.

Fulham will stay up

If they do it won't be at our expense. They need to win both games to finish above us and they won't do it.

Football is about 90 minutes every team will have a spell in the match and look on a par with the opposition, but when your defence decides to fall apart at the seems starting with guzan for the second and vlarr and baker for the remainder of the game it isn't a close contest it is one side giving the game away and a manager that is  so out of his depth its a good job he lives in the land of delusion.

The thing that worries me is that the teams around us seem to have more fight....

I am not so sure like some we are out of this.

We have dodged the bullets year after year.....I think this year could be it.....we have just decided to drop a few levels of shit at the wrong time.

First time I say this: Lambert out!

It's true you've worked with a tight budget, but you need to go. It doesn't matter if we stay up or not, you've lost it. All life has been sucked out of the team. Nobody believes in themselves or others on the pitch. I really fear for us in the last three games.

• Like 1

Does Birmingham residing in the bottom 3 cheer anybody up?

No it infuriated me today, 80 something minutes gone, 3-1 down and the young lads are dancing behind me, concourse after the game bunch of blokes jumping up and down because blues are in the bottom 3

**** BLUES

• Like 1

Norwich players refunded their travelling fans when they lost to Swansea 3-0 last month. Wonder if our players will do the same?

Fed up of Lambert protecting the players. They've got to take some responsibility in all this. Lambert has to go but we all know it's not going to happen before the end of the season. Plus he deserves it on his CV for the dross he's served up in the last 2 awful years.

18 league defeats in a season is another unwanted record for Lambert. I'm just so angry with the team, Lambert and the club in general.

we will be in to BOGOF's and cash backs next.

I wouldn't write Fulham off yet. Palace and Stoke are tough games, but winnable.

Fulham will stay up

If they do it won't be at our expense. They need to win both games to finish above us and they won't do it.

I think fulham to beat stoke and palace aint unrealistic, in the same sense us losing our last 3 games aint unrealistic.

Just got home. We were shocking after they got the second. Heads dropped & that was it. We were all screaming for Guzan to throw the ball to Gabby but instead he took too long & kicked it to Vlaar who had 2 men on him & the rest is history. The crowd turned on Lambert today & the team got abuse from the fans down the bottom when they came to clap us at full time . The atmosphere was poisonous & one chap said it was the worst he has known since 03/03/03. It's not looking good .

Edited by Villaninireland
  • Like 1

I thought the atmosphere was negative and we were pretty flat, but again lambert seems to be getting away with it, wouldn't say that in unison there was an anti lambert chant, fair few pockets of "**** off lambert" and a decent "we want our villa back" and "what the **** is going on"

The boos at the end were interesting too, lambert was long gone, a couple of players clapped us, vlaar started to walk over heard the boos and stopped and kind of shrugged us off with a hand gesture

The thing that worries me is that the teams around us seem to have more fight....

I am not so sure like some we are out of this.

We have dodged the bullets year after year.....I think this year could be it.....we have just decided to drop a few levels of shit at the wrong time.That

That is such a true statement and a very worrying statement

It does not matter how well we play if you don't win games it counts for nought. Yet another game where Lambert's tactical ineptitude gets woefully exposed by an average Swansea side that has struggled all season. They did the clever thing and fired their manager. We should have fired Lambert at Christmas and got someone / anyone in to steady the ship.I would bet my house on the fact we would have at least 4-5 more points than we have now.

Lambert has lost the fans and I very strongly suspect has lost the players, probably a few games ago. Today was a further illustration of how poor a manager he really is. I do wonder what happens on the training ground when we are treated to comedy errors and an utter failure to anything properly week in week out. Does Lerner see this......well we all know the answer to that.

Edited by Harry

Â