• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Few things have angered me recently as much as Holt standing on the touchline waiting to come on laughing and joking with Monk, a minute after we'd conceded the third.

Lambert's man, and he clearly just didn't give a ****.

Why would he? We're a shit club he has no interest in at all, other than getting paid. I bet he couldn't believe it when Lambert phoned him.

I still think there's more wrong with Aston Villa than the manager.

But we need to do something, and I don't think we can justify Lambert at the club any longer. It isn't working. Whether that's all down to him is something we can argue about until the vows come home.

But the fact is, whatever is causing it, it is not working and its jeopardising our premier league status.

Time for a change. Sorry Paul.

Undoubtedly. Anyone who thinks differently is deluded. This clubs is rotten to the core. 

if were going down Lambert deserves that on his resume. cant leave Sid with that on his mind.

i see Fulham surviving. playing two teams who are on holiday. Sunderland will stay up. its Norwich Villa and Cardiff to go down

Whilst the result was horrible, did people saying we played shit actually watch the match?

Their first goal was offside, second was a freak, we had really good spells in this game.

The result is horrible, our form is horrible, we are really loking down the barrell AGAIN. I'm not saying the situation isn't shit, but we actually looked decent for the majority of that game, some awfull defending for the third and Baker's assault in the penalty area turned it into a pasting but we didn't actually play shit, we were worse against the saints and drew that.

This is actually true for today, sadly our season wasn't ruined TODAY, it was ruined by TOO MANY days like this (Minus the decent performance). We have no one to blame but ourselves. I've never been so deflated and embarrassed as a Villa fan.

Sorry but who voted for Holt. He was a joke when he came on. In fact the subs didn't really work out at all today.

And who voted managers tactics "very good"???

Tactics? Does lambert know what they even are?

He probably thinks they are little mints 

• Like 4

We have one game to save ourselves. If we win, we stay up. If we lose, we go down. It's as simple as that. We haven't won since 7 games ago, so I see no reason whatsoever for optimism. It's been a rollercoaster over the last month - I've gone from certainty we'd stay up, to certainty we'd go down, to something even more intolerable in the middle. Now the pessimism has won over completely. The reality is that Hull are a much better team than us, better organised, better coached, better managed, with better tactics. We might - might - have made the difference with raw passion, but I think we all know these players don't have enough of that. Every other team in this relegation fight plays to the final whistle, even Hull who were basically guaranteed of safety anyway, but we gave up with more than 20 minutes to go. 

Lambert should be sacked, tonight, but while it's a necessary condition for survival, it's a long way from being a sufficient condition. 

We played better football than we have done for a long time, but lacked a cutting edge. We fell apart when Lambert changed it to a 4-2-4, a formation that has failed whenever he has used it.

I think Norwich, Cardiff and Fulham for the drop though.

• Like 1

But we need to do something, and I don't think we can justify Lambert at the club any longer. It isn't working. Whether that's all down to him is something we can argue about until the vows come home.

But the fact is, whatever is causing it, it is not working and its jeopardising our premier league status.

Yeah I agree with all of that.

Fact is we now look almost identical to where we were at this point under McLeish (ie certainties for relegation if season carried on a few more weeks). Leaky at the back and clueless going forward the general play spoke for itself under McLeish and will do for Lambert whatever happens in the next three games.

• Like 1

Undoubtedly. Anyone who thinks differently is deluded. This clubs is rotten to the core.

I don't think anybody does.

Sorry but who voted for Holt. He was a joke when he came on. In fact the subs didn't really work out at all today.

Few things have angered me recently as much as Holt standing on the touchline waiting to come on laughing and joking with Monk, a minute after we'd conceded the third.

Lambert's man, and he clearly just didn't give a ****.

Just another reason why that piece of shit should never wear a villa shirt again.

And, he is taking a wage out of of **** club!

Â