Weekends football 26/27 April

andykeenan

Baker must be watching this game in awe. Textbook Baker defending.

I'm not watching the game, so let me guess….

A reckless tackle which he dived into which the forward saw coming a mile off and made sure the ball was long gone?

Why did we sell Davis?

To avoid giving him the pay rise we agreed to give him after a set number of games when we signed him.

All done to money like most decisions in the last 4 years.

It was a mistake and I said it at the time.

I remember him being rather good at the time.

File him along with Gary Cahill in 'players we should have kept instead of replacing with undoubtedly higher paid, but lower quality, players'.

At least we have low paid, low quality players now.

Why did we sell Davis?

To avoid giving him the pay rise we agreed to give him after a set number of games when we signed him.

All done to money like most decisions in the last 4 years.

It was a mistake and I said it at the time.

Think he's referring to Steven rather than Curtis.  I'd agree with either though to be honest!

Davis was player of the year in that horrendous 05/06 season under DOL. Now he is without doubt better the midfielders at the club now, but he wasn't better then the midfielders we had coming in at the start of the MON revolution. So it was the correct decision to sell him.

Davis was player of the year in that horrendous 05/06 season under DOL. Now he is without doubt better the midfielders at the club now, but he wasn't better then the midfielders we had coming in at the start of the MON revolution. So it was the correct decision to sell him.

MON even preferred Osbourne to him. Barry and Petrov were better than him to be fair

Â