Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Baker Bertrand

Delph KEA Westwood

Albrighton Holt Gabby

I know Gabby has been useless recently but it's away from home and I think he is suited to it. Get Marc putting crosses in like he did last week with Holt to get on the end of them.

IIRC Lambert has never lost to Swansea in his managerial career.

Thanks Chappy. Now we know that there is a record to be broken.

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Baker Bertrand

Delph KEA Westwood

Albrighton Holt Gabby

I know Gabby has been useless recently but it's away from home and I think he is suited to it. Get Marc putting crosses in like he did last week with Holt to get on the end of them.

IIRC Lambert has never lost to Swansea in his managerial career.

Thanks Chappy. Now we know that there is a record to be broken.

As there has been every time we have played Swansea since he took over.

-------------------Guzan--------------------

Lowton------Vlaar----Clark--------Bertrand

----------Bacuna----Westwood--Delph----------

Tonev-----------------------------------Albrighton

---------------Agbonlahor/Weimann--------------

-------------------Guzan--------------------

Lowton------Vlaar----Clark--------Bertrand

----------Bacuna----Westwood--Delph----------

Tonev-----------------------------------Albrighton

---------------Agbonlahor/Weimann--------------

GTFOH

Pack the midfield to stop them passing through us.

Guzan

Lowton  Vlaar  Clark  Bertrand

Westwood  KEA

Albrighton  Delph  Weimann

Gabby

There seems to be a consensus that Gabby turns up for big matches and scores important goals.

Not saying that isn't the case, but I'd certainly like to see some examples.

He does score great goals in derbies and against bigger teams, but not sure he actually scores goals that have been crucial for any specific reason.

There seems to be a consensus that Gabby turns up for big matches and scores important goals.

Not saying that isn't the case, but I'd certainly like to see some examples.

He does score great goals in derbies and against bigger teams, but not sure he actually scores goals that have been crucial for any specific reason.

He was great during the final dozen games or so last season and he scored that last minute winner at Norwich which basically saw us safe - did the same thing against West Ham away 3 seasons ago as well.

He did go missing at the end of the McLeish season though despite being made captain in Petrov's absence. He hasn't got a perfect record but put it this way, if we win on Saturday odds are he'll be the one to get the winning goal.

• Like 1

Swansea like to pass it around at the back. We need to play a front 3 high up the pitch to get in their face & try & dispossess them around the edge of their own penalty area & break up their passing game. I would like to see Gabby as the focal point of this attack with Weimann & Albrighton in the wide areas. I would even consider deploying Bertrand &/or Bacuna in these roles too.

I would experiment all week at BMH & then go 4 3 3 as follows:

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clarke Bennett

Delph

Bacuna            Westwood

Albrighton Agbonlahor  Bertrand

As you can see I have dropped El Ahmadi as he lacks pace & brought in Bennett at Left back as he played so well against Chelsea & I have dropped Baker because I don't think he has the concentration levels to deal with Bony.. However I would ask the Midfield & the back 4 to  squeeze high up the pitch while our front 3 are also pressing & I think there is enough energy in that team & formation that could hopefully secure us a result.

One thing I hope we don't do is play 3 5 2 & invite Swansea on. We never hold out in these situations & we've had it if Swansea score the first goal.

It never fails to amaze me that despite the whole Clark/Clarke thing being done a hundred times over, it continues on a systematic basis.

Maybe he meant Vince Clarke from Erasure?? Worth a go, I don't recall him ever playing football but he might be a better bet?