Spygate - crystal palace vs Aston villa

The_Lions_Roar

Any talk of replaying matches is fraught with problems - for example we go to Swansea next week - knowing a point in all reality will keep us up. Now had Cardiff beaten Crystal palace - we would be going needing to win (hold the obvious jokes) - My point is you can not  recreate the same conditions that the palace Cardiff match was played in - unless you play every other match since that point.....(and again whenever that point was ....) 

A fine seems most likley - or at worst for Palace a points deduction for next season

• Like 1

It does seem very suspect that they managed to get the team sheet ahead of time, I can't think of an example of anything similar happening before (although it probably has). And it's therefore difficult to guess what sort of punishment is likely to be meted out.

Would simply knowing a line-up have changed the game that much? I assume they must have also had some more in depth tactical information, otherwise what good would just a line-up be?

A mate of mine knows one of the Palace coaching staff who admits they did get advance information about our line up and formation.

However, he said it worked to their detriment because they were laughing do much that no-one could pay attention to Pulis's team talk

• Like 1

This could get messy if the Premier League decide to take action. If they are found to have done something wrong do they deduct Palace some points. Does that open the door for us and Cardiff to ask for our games to be replayed and any other clubs Palace are found to have obtained line ups for. You start deducting points and having games replayed this will have a big impact on who will get relegated and given the levels of money involved in that then a number of clubs will be getting involved.

Similar to the scenario with West Ham having Tevez and Mascherano? Could go to court but in the end they can't really replay those games without compromising the entire competition.

Edited by Ponky

Â