Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Gone to FC Emmen in Holland according to the manager in his press conference

Fantastic move for him.

I always thought the club link up with a lower level Eredivisie team for exactly this reason.

• Like 2

It seems to be more common with the youth players to let the contracts run quite close, given that Mitchell Clark is in the same situation? Presumably to give the club the maximum amount of time to make a decision on them. If they do well I'm sure they'll get new contracts in January...after all we've kept Gardner on the books for 38 seasons just waiting for him to come good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Apparently, he’s out of contract at the end of the season too, shame that

not really, hasnt done anything to suggest a bigger fish will come in for him, needs a good loan, needs to play, if he doesnt hit double figures for emmen then i think you can write him off

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not really, hasnt done anything to suggest a bigger fish will come in for him, needs a good loan, needs to play, if he doesnt hit double figures for emmen then i think you can write him off

He’s a centre back, I very much doubt he’ll get double figures, he is good in the air though. He was linked with bigger clubs a few years ago

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a centre back, I very much doubt he’ll get double figures, he is good in the air though. He was linked with bigger clubs a few years ago

i meant appearances :P

only played 2 games in his grimsby loan spell, he needs to play 20-30 games for emmen 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

Suliman is a decent player who perhaps still needs to put on a bit more muscle. I expected him to have a chance of transitioning to the first team squad, but it hasn't happened.  Shame that we might well let his contract run out.

Mitch Clark is another of our excellent young prospects who's out on loan (Port Vale) until he's out of contract.

I was talking to someone earlier about an old academy favourite of mine Jonathan Hogg. He was a really tenacious centre midfielder. We let him go five or six years ago even though he looked useful on the few occasions we played him, and now he's vice captain at Huddersfield having played 150 first team matches for them. Huddersfield fans love him for his aggressive style and commitment!

Come on Villa, give these young players a better framework that allows them more chance to come through for us.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It seems to be more common with the youth players to let the contracts run quite close, given that Mitchell Clark is in the same situation? Presumably to give the club the maximum amount of time to make a decision on them. If they do well I'm sure they'll get new contracts in January...after all we've kept Gardner on the books for 38 seasons just waiting for him to come good.

Agreed. we have in the past given far too many youngsters far too many cushy and lengthy deals without really earning it. It wasn't good for us and it wasn't good for them.

This is a good move for Suliman, change of pace and I imagine a less physical test for him.

• Like 2

I think we perhaps need to lower our expectations about our u23's - because they perform well in the u23's they still have a massive amount of work to do to cut it in the first team. The harsh reality is that of say 11 u23's perhaps one or two will go on to be first team regulars. The idea that we have a gold mine of talent at u23 level that the manager ignores just doesn't stack up IMO.

I have only seen this lad fleetingly - but from what little I have seen seen he looks a good distance from Nathan Baker or Kierain Clark at a similar age. 

Would surprise me if he makes it with us TBH

3 hours ago, hippo said:

I think we perhaps need to lower our expectations about our u23's - because they perform well in the u23's they still have a massive amount of work to do to cut it in the first team. The harsh reality is that of say 11 u23's perhaps one or two will go on to be first team regulars. The idea that we have a gold mine of talent at u23 level that the manager ignores just doesn't stack up IMO.

I have only seen this lad fleetingly - but from what little I have seen seen he looks a good distance from Nathan Baker or Kierain Clark at a similar age. 

For me, he’s better than both, I think he’ll come back from his loan and get in our first team

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Whilst I don't know how Suliman compares to Clark or Baker as I have never seen Suliman play competive football. I think the gist of your post is correct though, I think there is such a massive step up from U23 to First team football both in the physical and mental side of the game. History tells us, many youngster never make that step up and we have had quite a few young players who are highly rated that have drifted down the leagues or out of the game altogether. From your Stephen Cookes, to your Moore brothers there are plenty who have looked the business at youth level that have not made that final step to first team football.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Why do we need to lower our expectations about our U23's?

All footballers have been U23's!

Sawiris and Edens have already said that the development of young talent is at the top of their agenda.

We have a manager who elects to send out a team of older experienced players. That is stifling the development of our young players!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Why do we need to lower our expectations about our U23's?

All footballers have been U23's!

Sawiris and Edens have already said that the development of young talent is at the top of their agenda.

We have a manager who elects to send out a team of older experienced players. That is stifling the development of our young players!

if the u23s he ignores go elswhere and thrive fair enough.

Bruce has given runs in the team to davis and green , fitness aside neither would merit a place in tommorows starting 11.

RHM might get a sub appearance tommorow...that aside I dont see anyone else close.

4 hours ago, hippo said:

if the u23s he ignores go elswhere and thrive fair enough.

Bruce has given runs in the team to davis and green , fitness aside neither would merit a place in tommorows starting 11.

RHM might get a sub appearance tommorow...that aside I dont see anyone else close.

"Bruce has given runs in the team to davis and green , fitness aside neither would merit a place in tommorows starting 11."

WHAT ???

Green -  deserves his place. Who would you replace him with ??

Davis - seems an awful lot of fans would want him in the team when fit. - not as skilful as JK but a better 'back to goal' CF in most peoples opinion.

As far as Suliman goes - he has played for England at every level from U16 to U20 - multiple times - has captained England U20 twice - and has scored twice for England U20

The talent is there - and hopefully this season will make him.

Edited by SirSteveUK

Â