Sign in to follow this  
supernova26

$200 Million Takeover

Odds on a statement tonight?.....

FFS just get on with it!

"get on with it"? The season finished 3 hours ago. The impatience with people these days is hilarious.

Yea got on with it, he's known for weeks if not months? So what's the wait. Should of just came out with it after the hull game.

How do you know all business is concluded? Nobody even knows what the statement is about, it could be something on-going.

Odds on a statement tonight?.....

FFS just get on with it!

"get on with it"? The season finished 3 hours ago. The impatience with people these days is hilarious.
Yea got on with it, he's known for weeks if not months? So what's the wait. Should of just came out with it after the hull game.

How do you know all business is concluded? Nobody even knows what the statement is about, it could be something on-going.
Very true, I was just thinking the same thing, just a bit inpatient.. Edited by hobovillain

Lambert says something is happening and that he also hopes to be here afterwards, talks about investment.

I'm failing to see how this can't be fairly big news. News we've all been waiting for.

I, personally, don't actually care where the investment comes from as long as it's legal and sustainable. That includes from Randy himself.

Lambert only talked about investment in that he said we desperately needed it, which should be obvious to all anyway.

This thread is embarrassing!

Embarrassing for who? It's a villa forum.

Whom.

Thank you sir. Sorry should that be with a capital S?

No one is saying it will be Ellison, just entertaining the idea that it might be and from what we know it may as well be him as anyone else. I think some people are scared to imagine something good happening to the club in case it doesn't happen and they get disappointed.

But they are. 

Do people honestly still think its Ellison? May name & shame every person on twitter, VT who is that gullible, he has no interest in buying a football club! 

People are just having a discussion ffs. Does it really bother you that much that you feel the need to call people out?

Im not calling people out, unless you think that, and are annoyed by it, in which case I apologise. 

I said when this first came out it I was 99% sure it wasn't Ellison as I know for a fact he isn't interested in 'soccer' it doesn't 100% mean it isn't him, it was years ago I asked him and I am not ITK to know who is going to buy us so you may want to get off that very high horse there avfcgoodie.

I'm not on a high horse at all its just making everyone who is saying it look rather silly. 

They don't look stupid at all unless they are trying to look ITK over it as it is clear no one knows.

• Like 1

No one has a clue who it might be so people are bound to guess at random names.  If Ellison happened to be only worth a billion or so then people probably wouldn't take umbrage with talking about him.

• Like 1

Would be hilarious if Lerner stays and just gets some better football people in behind the scenes, just to piss on the chips of those fans who claim they want him to run it better when really they want a sugar daddy to buy so called exciting players and be the next soulless Man City.

• Like 2

Would be hilarious if Lerner stays and just gets some better football people in behind the scenes, just to piss on the chips of those fans who claim they want him to run it better when really they want a sugar daddy to buy so called exciting players and be the next soulless Man City.

So you'd find it funny to see our club continue to decline so you can laugh at the fans that want success?

Well what he just said wouldn't mean that as the club would be run better. Whatever happens next year will be better.

So you'd find it funny to see our club continue to decline so you can laugh at the fans that want success?

Under those circumstances (plus more investment) I don't think the club would decline at all. I certainly wouldn't be against Lerner staying, investing more and getting in better football people behind the scenes.

I'd like to think people would be happy if that happened although I expect some will always have an axe to grind with Lerner for various reasons.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Well what he just said wouldn't mean that as the club would be run better. Whatever happens next year will be better.

You seriously have faith in Lerner getting it right after what we have seen in the past 4 seasons?

I want success but not a chance in hell like the City way, soulless.

Don't have a problem with want fans want, but they know it's the wrong way about things; it's why they hide behind they want the club run properly bollocks. When really we could be run like a corner shop and they wouldn't care as long as money is spunked on players and we're on Sky sports news yellow bar.

Under those circumstances (plus more investment) I don't think the club would decline at all. I certainly wouldn't be against Lerner staying, investing more and getting in better football people behind the scenes.

I'd like to think people would be happy if that happened although I expect some will always have an axe to grind with Lerner for various reasons.

Wow.