$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

As long as these guys can make us competitive again and spend some money, I'll be happy. It's once in a blue moon investors such as Chelsea Man City or PSG come along. If these guys can build us and move us forward to compete then great, you don't need to go out and buy Suarez Aguero and Cavani to do that, we can build sustainably and challenge for the top 4 again.

Suarez cost Liverpool about the same as we paid for Bent :(

The two people mentioned don't sound stupidly rich in comparison but then again it's a rumour guys.

We don't know....

1. If these are the guys.

2. If they are backed by a group of people.

3. What their plans are.

4. If we are simply just for sale and no one is lined up yet.

I think this thread has gone as far as it can for now as we wont find anything out until Randy's next statement after the season is done.

God help anyone that would like to speculate on the potential new owners on an internet forum for lets say, fun.

For anyone not excited about only 5 billion.

"So while Ryan gets all the TV credit as the managing partner sitting right behind home plate, it's mostly Simpson and Davis' money he's playing with, along with the money of 16 other investors."

They own about 50% between them by the looks of things, with the rest being made up of others.

I don't think Simpson is actually a Billionaire and that's probably why you can't find his wealth online. Apparently he made around 400 million dollars from oil company.

He earns £40m a year from his company as CEO...10th best paid CEO in the USA. I reckon he's a billionaire...

From TBAR forum.

Year-old-ish Villa fan & longtime baseball fan here.The Rangers went to back-to-back World Series in 2010 and 2011, which is quite a feat in Major League Baseball. They were one play away(as close as it possibly gets) to winning in 2011, but a poorly-fielded fly ball led to one of the most improbable comebacks of all-time and the 11th World Series victory for my beloved St. Louis Cardinals  icon_biggrin.pngThe Texas Rangers have done this in what has been the toughest division in baseball for the past 5 years. They lost the play-in game in 2012 playoffs, and narrowly missed the playoffs entirely last season. Each of the past 4 years, they have won over 90 games, which is generally good enough to make the playoffs most seasons.Personnel:They let some of their biggest free agents leave the team the past 3 off-seasons, but these decisions have proven wise as the players have under-performed for their new teams. This past off-season, they made a trade to bring in one of the highest-paid players in the league(1B Prince Fielder). Much like any front office sport, baseball is all about calculated risk, and they have had the guts to both trust their farm system(youth system) to fill voids of expensive players departing, and bring in expensive players themselves on their own terms.Also, they brought in Nolan Ryan as their president when they purchased the team. Not only is he one of the most beloved Rangers of all-time, he is extremely knowledgeable and well-respected.Their manager is somewhat of an old-school-type manager, and not my favorite. There are a lot of advanced statistics used in baseball, and Ron Washington not considered very progressive...more of a "player's manager". Keep in mind, in Baseball, the Manager simply manages the game and has no control over what players come in, come out. I have felt before that they could do better with a more progressive manager, but they have been very loyal to Washington.Finances:They have the 8th-highest payroll(8 of 30) in baseball currently at $136M. The team payroll in 2009 was $68M, well in the bottom-half of the league. Payroll has increased steadily, which is a good sign. I wouldn't take the steady increase as a sign that they won't provide and influx of cash to Villa, because in baseball the WORSE thing you can do is spend a ton on free agent players. You need to build from within and sprinkle in free agent signings. This is exactly what they have done. They also didn't panic after performing slightly-below expectations the past two years. They are very much contenders again this year.In summary, it appears that they have done all the right things since taking over the Rangers. I particularly love how they have seemed put others in charge of the decision-making, and have kept the team consistently viable since taking over. I think we should be very encouraged by this news.

Great read

I'm all for getting a bit of money into Villa for a change but I just don't see the benefit of investors playing £200m for a club then putting £100m into playing staff. When are they likely to see a return on their money? What can they expect from their investment and just how successful would they have to make us in order to see any profit?

I'm excited for the upcoming change but would like to know what any new owners are hoping to achieve from buying our great club.

They will be acquiring an asset that wont drastically lose it's value when the whole Wall Street financial pyramid eventually collapses returning most of us to the fields as mere peasants. Just look at where the super rich have been sticking their cash - Artwork, property, farmland, logging, mining, sports, etc. Covering their arses for when the gravy train comes off the tracks.

Or maybe they are just a little like Mrs Doyle in Father Ted and enjoy a bit of misery.

I'd love it if it were the latter. I can just imagine the meeting with Randy:

Davis/Simpson: "So Randolf where looking to invest in a club that plays terrible football, drives supporters away in droves and generally makes you feel like throwing yourself off a bridge... would AVFC be this club?"

Randy (smiling): "Gentlemen, take a look at this video of our last few home games. I'm guessing you'll be presently surprised... would you like a cup of tea?"

All works, apart from the driving supporters away in droves line. We've got a steady support consistently averaging somewhere between 35-38k. That in itself is a very strong selling point.

They'd look at how bad we've been, relatively speaking and particularly at home, over the past 4 years and be intrigued by the fact that we still turn up in our "droves" every other week.

Randy took the club forward but he doesn't have the resources to take us further as he isn't actually making any money else where. If we had gotten into champions league we would have had extra revenue to keep us moving forward. Randy thank you. New owner will no doubt have money to pump into villa regarding players to get us back up where we belong

Randy took the club forward but he doesn't have the resources to take us further as he isn't actually making any money else where. If we had gotten into champions league we would have had extra revenue to keep us moving forward. Randy thank you. New owner will no doubt have money to pump into villa regarding players to get us back up where we belong

Yep.

If we stay up.

Too bad we didn't have a good enough manager to take us into top 4 at the time.

Too bad we didn't have a good enough manager to take us into top 4 at the time.

To be fair he made the wrong purchases at the time. How different things could have been.....

Went on villa tour today and was told villa park will be extended to 55k attendance. Would have been done sooner if england held World Cup or euros as fifa would have stumped up cash.

There's been plans for that to be done for years and to renovate the whole North Stand, but the need hasn't been there so Randy never pursued it afaik.

Went on villa tour today and was told villa park will be extended to 55k attendance. Would have been done sooner if england held World Cup or euros as fifa would have stumped up cash.

There's been plans for that to be done for years and to renovate the whole North Stand, but the need hasn't been there so Randy never pursued it afaik.

The tour guy kinda hinted that it will defo get done as villa hold so many other events but if England get the euros it will be basically done for 'free' whereas right now it would be a few million we can't afford

Regarding the Texas Rangers- they let go of Kinsler and Cruz, both of whom are playing extremely wel, and yhey brought in a fat and underperforming Prince Fielder. Not really that shrewd, really. But baseball is a totally different beast...I just hope they have cash and dont use the club as some vanity thing.