$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Why is the wealth of the owners being discussed in such detail. They certainly won't rock up and spunk the whole lot on villa anyway. $1bn and $4bn makes little difference. The key question is how much of their wealth they are prepared to spend.

Agreed, randy has the cash to enable us to sign players to challenge European spots. However he won't spend it so it means very little.

Wasn't our pre-season tour in America last season?

No it was in Germany. Paderborn and Bochum.

Wasn't that this season?

Of course. My bad. Weren't we in Asia Lamberts first pre-season and in the USA when AML was here.

no, pre season 2011/12 under McLeish we played in the Barclays Asia trophy

pre season 12/13 was America

13/14 was germany

• Like 1

It is a little premature as there is nothing concrete or official.

It is obvious to anyone that the club has been run with the sole intention of selling it for the past 2 years.

The likelyhood is that something is afoot & it all points to Davis & Simpson.

My feeling is that this is definately happening & we're not hurting anyone by discussing it on a message board.

• Like 3

Is it just me that thinks this whole thing is a little premature ?

I agree. It's just so easy to get caught up in these things given how starved of any decent football we're been of late. It's important to remember this is all just rumour with not one single bit of proof to back it all up.

Despite this I'm already looking into flights to Berlin for the 2015 Champions League Final. UTV

Edited by NorthEastVillan
  • Like 1

One slightly worrying aspect if this is true is that the guy with money (Davis) is in his seventies already, might not be a long-term thing.

Why not?? that old duffer Ellis was an old miserly git and stuck around like a bad smell for longer than was for the good of OUR Aston Villa. At least Lerner is doing the honourable thing - knowing he can't take Villa forward so is bowing out - unlike that prat and hero to some on here who had an ego and thought HE WAS Aston Villa!!

Edited by nazvfc
  • Like 1

Can't work it all out

He is listed as 72 but his wealth extends from 1.6-1.9 billion, depending on which story you believe.

Simpson is an unknown quantity-Not sure how much he's actually worth or how much of this buy out/merger he was involved in with his company ended up as hard cash in his bank account. In addition, there is another name that has cropped up over the weekend who is connected to Davis-Mark Cubam. I've seen that name in this thread a couple of times.

Realisticly, we need some investment & we need it this summer. In order to invest properly, we need owners who are prepared to carry the wage bill & allow it to increase. Hoping the new owners can do this.

After doing a lot of research (!) today I have returned to my initial gut reaction about this potential sale.  I don't think these guys will change things greatly but they should do enough to get Villa back competing in top half premier League territory for the short term.  Whoever our manager is (and I wouldn't be surprised if they stick with Lambert) I reckon he will get a good transfer budget this summer to build on what we already have.  

I don't see Simpson and Davis as people who will change too much:  AVTV, the North Stand and so on are aspects of the club that need rehauling but I'm just not sure these guys have the funds or desire to go that deep into Villa.   Both men are relatively old and I reckon this will be a short and sweet two-three year association with our club.  If we're back somewhere in the 6th-8th slots these guys (I reckon) will be happy.

Purely guess work and assumption on my part, of course.

The two people mentioned don't sound stupidly rich in comparison but then again it's a rumour guys.

We don't know....

1. If these are the guys.

2. If they are backed by a group of people.

3. What their plans are.

4. If we are simply just for sale and no one is lined up yet.

I think this thread has gone as far as it can for now as we wont find anything out until Randy's next statement after the season is done.

• Like 2

The two people mentioned don't sound stupidly rich in comparison but then again it's a rumour guys.

We don't know....

1. If these are the guys.

2. If they are backed by a group of people.

3. What their plans are.

4. If we are simply just for sale and no one is lined up yet.

I think this thread has gone as far as it can for now as we wont find anything out until Randy's next statement after the season is done.

Thanks for all that Paul Faulkner... How nice of you to drop by ;)

• Like 4