$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Is this really goin to happen? I hope the new owners are coming to go for the title

If it does go through, at least your transfer wishlists will become a bit more realistic ;)

• Like 1

Let's just hope we don't end up being a rich Reading look-a-like team, I just want a new owner with passion for the club, a owner who shows up and support the club! Yes a lot of money is always welcome but for me being there and actually try and make things better is the most important thing. I love watching the Wigan owner. He really loves the club and I always get a smile on my face when I see him celebrate on TV!

I for one don't care if the owner is there. He/they would be the investor and financier, not the CEO. Sure the passion is correlated to attendance I'd presume, but if you're a wealthy American you don't have time to see the games live in the UK. Abramovich lives in London, it's different with some guys really. It's all nice with guys like Whelan and Doug Ellis, but they don't have the cash and apparantly other things to do. Perhaps it's why they don't any more cash

Ticket prices is one very real concern by the way. For all the moaning about Lerner, we are one of the cheapest teams to see in the league. I would expect that to change.

You'd expect the tickets to be cheap if you only see 5 wins at home - 7 max now - in a season!

Why- so we can close the upper trinity? Putting prices up when demand goes down is hardly a great idea. If we ever get good again- ie seriously challenging for a top 4 spot they could, whoever owns Villa, maybe put the prices up a bit. But for now it is madness.

As for the takeover stories they sound very thin to me. Need more evidence before I am convinced Lerner will sell up this summer.

• Like 1

Lol even if this was true who do you honestly think we'd knock out of the top four? Arsenal? haha no chance. The only way to get there now is to spend more than united do this summer, which has even less chance of happening.

Lol even if this was true who do you honestly think we'd knock out of the top four? Arsenal? haha no chance. The only way to get there now is to spend more than united do this summer, which has even less chance of happening.

Take it back 3 years, who here would've said Man United would have dropped out of the top four?

• Like 1

There's the Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross who owns RSE Ventures who put on the International Champions Cup football event last summer. Possibility that it could be him and another, maybe Micky Arison?

Mark Cuban

There's the Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross who owns RSE Ventures who put on the International Champions Cup football event last summer. Possibility that it could be him and another, maybe Micky Arison?

Mark Cuban

Imentioned him earlier as well. I'm a Mavericks fan, so quite like Cuban. Has tried to get into several sports in the past such as NHL and MLB, so could be possible. However, Cuban is a big time self made billionaire and I find it hard to believe he would want involvement in a sport where you make no real profit and are essentially burning money. 

Mark Cuban

Imentioned him earlier as well. I'm a Mavericks fan, so quite like Cuban. Has tried to get into several sports in the past such as NHL and MLB, so could be possible. However, Cuban is a big time self made billionaire and I find it hard to believe he would want involvement in a sport where you make no real profit and are essentially burning money.

There are no shortages of texas billionaires but he seems to want be around sport. He owns the mavs and has been trying to get NHL and MLB franchises. He also has money in UFC I believe and has also been involved in WWE too.

He is also **** nuts :-D

Is this really goin to happen? I hope the new owners are coming to go for the title

If it does go through, at least your transfer wishlists will become a bit more realistic ;)

If it does happen my transfer wish list will get unreasonable silly. BALE MESSI Bowery. Front 3 looks good

• Like 1