$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I am still confident that a takeover will be announced before September.

No chance that just isn't going to happen.

Does Lerner not want to sell the club? There is a decent chance of a takeover being announced before September IMO. 

No chance that just isn't going to happen.

Does Lerner not want to sell the club? There is a decent chance of a takeover being announced before September IMO. 

Does it not take someone wanting to buy the club and being prepared to meet the asking price? It takes more than Lerner wanting to sell.

'No chance' is just a turn of phrase, I'm not saying its impossible for it to happen but rather that it is exceedingly unlikely.

You say you are confident a takeover will be announced before September, so you think a takeover will be completed within 6 weeks? 

Given that there are, Howard Hodgson aside, no parties with a declared interest and seemingly no parties even having started due diligence which in itself would likely take 6 weeks your prediction seems more than a little optimistic.

So no, I don't think there is a decent chance personally.

What exactly is this prediction based upon other than hope?

Nursery seems to think Villa are going to start spending again from what he is hearing within the club.

The article doesn't say that.

Its another article defending Paul Lambert.

Read it all.

'So I think Lerner has to actually invest again now to protect his investment and his legacy and from what I have heard within the club, the 'penny' is finally dropping on that front.'

It is only guesswork. No basis in fact.

Yeah but Nursery is pretty itk when it comes to Villa and he does say he heard it within the club

Confident? Do you know something or just a feeling?
My optimistic feelings. When do other people expect us to be sold?

If and when we end in the Championship I expect us to be sold very cheaply.
Any date on this relegation or is it open ended? At the moment our squad is stronger than last year and without the terrible end to season we would have been comfortably mid table. I think we will have further improvements to the squad and we will have an ok season. Lerner knows a relegation is financial suicide so I expect him to back us at least to the normal levels.

I think we will be relegated eventually under Lerner's ownership. If not next season maybe the one after. Unless he drops the asking price considerably I can't see us being sold.

As for improving the squad and staying up, I bet Fulham, QPR and Norwich thought the same thing the summer before they went down.

I don't think anyone's prediction on when the takeover is going to happen is based on anything concrete we're all just guessing and making deductions.

I got my estimate of September from a feeling I get when I wake up at night and think what time is it? Then I'll guess at  2:10 AM or something. I'm always right give or take ten minutes.  Obviously that has no bearings whatsoever but we'll see.

I don't think anyone's prediction on when the takeover is going to happen is based on anything concrete we're all just guessing and making deductions.

I got my estimate of September from a feeling I get when I wake up at night and think what time is it? Then I'll guess at 2:10 AM or something. I'm always right give or take ten minutes. Obviously that has no bearings whatsoever but we'll see.

Don't you ever get that feeling about the lotto numbers?

I'm going to guess 8th of September (this year) for the announcement of our new owner.

It would be nice if all the rumours are true and the takeover could go through behind the scenes, so that any potential transfers don't result in Villa being fleeced.

I got my estimate of September from a feeling I get when I wake up at night and think what time is it? Then I'll guess at 2:10 AM or something. I'm always right give or take ten minutes. Obviously that has no bearings whatsoever but we'll see.

No not the lotto, we've all got that inner clock thing, that's just me being foolish. Although I'm guessing at September I'm trying to mentally prepare myself that we might be stuck with Lerner for a long while yet.

March if we're clear of the drop zone. I can just see any deal going through towards the end of this season now. Gives about 8 months to iron out fine print, check assets and take their time about a deal.

Whoever they may be.

Edited by Sam3773

No not the lotto, we've all got that inner clock thing, that's just me being foolish. Although I'm guessing at September I'm trying to mentally prepare myself that we might be stuck with Lerner for a long while yet.

You are still mentality preparing yourself? I accepted that we're stuck with Lerner for another season about a month ago.

I am starting to think we have a fighting chance of staying up though.

Lambert isn't making stupid signings. He's thinking about it. He knows what needs to be done.

All we need to do is stay up this season and hopefully a sale will come soon. 

I'm just so sick of this, we should a least be competing for a top half finish not looking over or shoulders constantly wandering if the trap door's about to slam shut.

Problem is we're that crap no-one wants to buy us!

If a takeover doesn't happen before January, and Villa are say within 5 or 6 points of the top half, can anyone envisage a situation where Lerner takes a look at it and thinks that he might have a better chance of selling up if the club is in the top 7 or 8,therefore giving Lambert a further 10-20 million to bring in better quality to try to get us into one of those finishing positions?

I know it might sound a bit ludicrous to think of Lerner splashing some cash but, he might think it's worth it if it means not cutting the asking price by 50 million. Just a thought.

If a takeover doesn't happen before January, and Villa are say within 5 or 6 points of the top half, can anyone envisage a situation where Lerner takes a look at it and thinks that he might have a better chance of selling up if the club is in the top 7 or 8,therefore giving Lambert a further 10-20 million to bring in better quality to try to get us into one of those finishing positions?

I know it might sound a bit ludicrous to think of Lerner splashing some cash but, he might think it's worth it if it means not cutting the asking price by 50 million. Just a thought.

Can't really see that happening sadly.

When we were struggling badly over the christmas period 2 seasons ago and needed new players he got us Sylla.

That's when we were very much facing the real threat of relegation, Don't think the prospect of us finishing 8th or 9th instead of say 12th will change Lerners spending policy

Also don't think we'll finish anyway near 12th

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

No for so many reasons