$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Another link between Ellison and AEG is that AEG apparently own the LA Clippers ground who Ellison is trying buy according to reports. Not that that means anything to Villa.

Someone mentioned on another forum that Anschutz and General Krulak know each other quite well because they've both been members of the same boards for various organisations.

I agree. I wouldn't want to see Villa Park redeveloped into 'a bowl' though. There are not enough old school stadium with four seperate stands.

I appreciate you can add another 5-10 thousand, if they were filled in but I just don't like them.

• Like 1

Onto the takeover, I see AEG mentioned a few pages back and how they are involved in entertainment and venues. I was having a conversation with my Dad over the weekend, and we were speaking hypothetically about the sale of the NEC and Villa. How would people feel if as part of the takeover, the NEC was bought up and new 60000+ stadium was built on the NEC. Our discussion was based on the fact that it wouldn't appeal to traditionalists, but may go some way to getting us around the FFP rules, and making us a force in football again. How would people feel about that? Part of me would feel sad at losing Villa Park, but on the other hand I don't see too many Man City fans upset at not playing at Maine Road anymore. I know Doug used to talk about putting a national stadium there when Wembley was up for rebuilding. It kind of makes sense in a way, but then I am not a brummy like most of you guys on here so it would understandably be more of a bigger thing for you. I think if they build it, play a decent team there, we could see some major crowds and a chance of success again. I will probably get lambasted for this, but I think it could work out and make us a competitive force again.

It is interesting you say that because AEG own venues in Manchester (MEN) and London (O2). Why not Birmingham?

Onto the takeover, I see AEG mentioned a few pages back and how they are involved in entertainment and venues. I was having a conversation with my Dad over the weekend, and we were speaking hypothetically about the sale of the NEC and Villa. How would people feel if as part of the takeover, the NEC was bought up and new 60000+ stadium was built on the NEC. Our discussion was based on the fact that it wouldn't appeal to traditionalists, but may go some way to getting us around the FFP rules, and making us a force in football again. How would people feel about that? Part of me would feel sad at losing Villa Park, but on the other hand I don't see too many Man City fans upset at not playing at Maine Road anymore. I know Doug used to talk about putting a national stadium there when Wembley was up for rebuilding. It kind of makes sense in a way, but then I am not a brummy like most of you guys on here so it would understandably be more of a bigger thing for you. I think if they build it, play a decent team there, we could see some major crowds and a chance of success again. I will probably get lambasted for this, but I think it could work out and make us a competitive force again.

It is interesting you say that because AEG own venues in Manchester (MEN) and London (O2). Why not Birmingham?

Maybe because the right venue has not come on the market for them to buy yet?

Bertrand---Vlaar---Okore---Richards

Wouldn't be a bad back 4 at all. 

Clark, Baker, Bennett, Bacuna and Lowton unfortunately are not good enough.

Forget Richards like Ireland he has had one good season for city quite a few years ago now.

• Like 1

That is part of what got me thinking, it is all hypothetical obviously. It just coincided with the NEC being up for sale and possibly us as well. My mind went into overdrive.

As per the posts above I thought that quite a few people would probably be against it. I can see that argument, and understand it fully as I remember the magic of coming to Villa Park as a youngster. I just thought with the logistics of developing Villa Park and the local roads and car parking, a new purpose built stadium on the NEC site might be seen as ideal by any new owners (Other than the loss of history obviously), especially as it appears they are into the arena management. It would also shave about 20-30 minutes off my travel time, which would be a bonus for me. ;)

North Stand & Doug Ellis could both be revamped, extended, doug ellis similar to trinity, over the road, my estimate would be around 55-60k no need at all for a new stadium, which is why were prime for a takeover compared to others. 

Do people realise that if we get taken over it doesn’t automatically mean they’ll spend anymore than Lerner?

I suppose as the vast minority of people just want the club run properly that will be the most important thing anyway...

I think many people on this thread want a Man City scenario repeated when the reality is they have been found guilty of breaching the FFP criteria and will be fined up to 40mil. They and anyone else in breach should be docked considerable points but we know that will never happen. If anything the Lerner approach is the way to go IMO

Do people realise that if we get taken over it doesn’t automatically mean they’ll spend anymore than Lerner?

I suppose as the vast minority of people just want the club run properly that will be the most important thing anyway...

I think many people on this thread want a Man City scenario repeated when the reality is they have been found guilty of breaching the FFP criteria and will be fined up to 40mil. They and anyone else in breach should be docked considerable points but we know that will never happen. If anything the Lerner approach is the way to go IMO

IMO a new owner could come during the summer and spend £40m to £50m on the playing side and make a considerable difference to the team without falling foul of FFP by making a few clever commercial changes?

IMO a new owner could come during the summer and spend £40m to £50m on the playing side and make a considerable difference to the team without falling foul of FFP by making a few clever commercial changes?

Lerner may do that if the finances are in order.

The FFP for CL teams is just to stop other teams breaking into the elite and to solely protect teams already qualifying for it . Man City look likely to be fined £50m but that will not count against there losses and can be paid directly by the owner so is basically a joining fee to UEFA's elite. Lerner voted against this along with Fulham (I think) Fulham were bought 6 months ago. Did Lerner know when voting he was selling? And that having such rules in place would only benefit those already on the gravy train? Either way IF we are bought by someone with extreme wealth like City £50m is nothing and can be made back in 1/2 years qualifying for CL so as stated it's just a way for UEFA to fill it's coffers!! I would also think that once a BIG team is excluded for FFP it will be challenged in court and it will collapse under restriction on trade or something. Here's to hoping these are our problems of the future instead of worrying about relegation!!

• Like 1

The FFP for CL teams is just to stop other teams breaking into the elite and to solely protect teams already qualifying for it . Man City look likely to be fined £50m but that will not count against there losses and can be paid directly by the owner so is basically a joining fee to UEFA's elite. Lerner voted against this along with Fulham (I think) Fulham were bought 6 months ago. Did Lerner know when voting he was selling? And that having such rules in place would only benefit those already on the gravy train? Either way IF we are bought by someone with extreme wealth like City £50m is nothing and can be made back in 1/2 years qualifying for CL so as stated it's just a way for UEFA to fill it's coffers!! I would also think that once a BIG team is excluded for FFP it will be challenged in court and it will collapse under restriction on trade or something. Here's to hoping these are our problems of the future instead of worrying about relegation!!

I don't disagree with anything you've said

We'll have to wait to see what he says over the next week or two I suppose? None of us know if the finances are in order though do we until the accounts appear next year? Will Lerner spend wisely though?

I do.

I think it will get challenged straight away.

We'll have to wait to see what he says over the next week or two I suppose? None of us know if the finances are in order though do we until the accounts appear next year? Will Lerner spend wisely though?

This years accounts are fine

Certainly wouldn't want Man City rejects like Micah Richards, we've had too many of those in the past. 

Don't they want to keep him though? He wants to leave to play more football.

They wont let him leave now they have been hit by UEFAs sanctions

• Like 1

This takeover either isn't happening, or is the best secret Randy has ever kept. I really wouldn't get your hopes up for anything other than a reaffirmation of Randy's committment to the club and a new manager.

Howard Hodgson has posted on TBAR that his 'latest intel seems convinced it's Ellison'.

So like I've said all along, not going to happen.

Can't believe we've flirted with relegation so often with Sneijder in the team

I do.

I think it will get challenged straight away.

This years accounts are fine

Could you post them up here then as you have seen them?